PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
180 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
158 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
126 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
120 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
81 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
14 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
14 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
6 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink What I May Have Just Purchased

Page 1 of 1

I really hope they still have this in stock because I just bought it.

For $1,199. It is a '71. Different tuner heads were installed but RI Fenders are back on and you can barely see the old holes from the back. Also somebody drilled tiny holes for humbucker rings on the pickguard. And somebody put a second string-tree in. For less than the price of a new AV, I'll take it.

Sorry about the image size guys. It is fine on my computer but I have a widescreen laptop.

awesome man, i hope you get it too Smile

You gotta love those bound necks and block inlays!

Shit Jacob,
where did you find your pot of gold that allows you to buy such great gear. I'm jealous, I want a pot of gold too..

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yeah, I got the guitar. They had it in stock.

http://www.gbase.com is where I got it. It is a huge listing of guitar dealers. The prices are rarely good and I mainly use it to look at the pictures.

dude, that sounds like a really good price. Congrats! Let us know how it sounds!

Nice Jake, sweet looking guitar.

Do you own a JM already? Or strictly Jags so far?

~B~

Strictly Jags for me. I played my Gretsch at a gig once.

Cool cool,
How did the Gretsch go over? I personally have always had some issues trying to trem. pick on guitars like Gretsches or other hollowbodies of the like.

~B~

I'm rhythm guitar so... I did fine. My problem with that Gretsch is that it doesn't stay in tune very well. It is so easy to play though. Anything I can play on my Jag, which I am more used to, I can play better on the Gretsch. I really like to play slide on my gretsch at the moment... But in my opinion, if you want a more trad sound don't go gretsch. If you want to do a Man or Astro-Man? thing the Gretsch will sound great through an amp with built-in reverb. Starcrunch is known for that Mosrite but I think most of his tone in the early days comes from the Gretsch. I have a live performence where he plays the Mosrite and Gretsch and the Gretsch sounds right.

Wow - Congrats Jake. Hope to see it at Duff's sometime soon. I just bought a 2005 AVRI '62 JM (still had the plastic on the pickguard and the case as well as all of the case candy - gonna string up those flatwound 11's!) for more than that... I'm really happy though. If only I could play much better - Time to go practice! Smile

Rick

I almost want to try Rotosound Reds(.11s) on the Jazzmaster. I use Chromes .12s on my Jaguar. I use the Rotosounds on my Gretsch and I really love those strings. I don't know what i will do yet.

Page 1 of 1