Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
330 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
258 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
258 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
178 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
156 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
125 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
118 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
79 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
12 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
12 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink What's in the trunk, Harry?

Page 1 of 1

So, what is in the trunk? A keg of beer? Body parts? A giant pile of cash?

Are the contents of the trunk different on Road Test than Eleki because Road Test gets a "Wow!" and Eleki gets a "Yeah!" ??

I think it is similar to what is in the chest in Pulp Fiction.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I can't believe anybody listens to the songs that closely! Ha!
I know what's in the trunk, Mel knows what's in the trunk, but neither of us will ever tell.:wink:
--ferenc

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

I wanna know who Toblave is?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

There's junk in the trunk, right? Isn't that what the song's about? Just a booty anthem? Rolling Eyes

Marcellus Wallace's soul? A rabbi outfit and a fake beard? The body of the 5th Mach?

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Do you remember that scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark when the Nazis open the Ark of the Covenant?

Sometimes it's better to wonder than to know....

muhuhuhuhahahahahahaaaaaa

Mel

I searched that trunk many times in my career. It was a "loaded" baby diaper.

Actually while working today, I figured out, that Instead of whats in the trunk.
I really want to know what happened to the Mach IV?
gotta be some juicy gossip there. but being in So.Cal. I haven't heard it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude
Actually while working today, I figured out, that Instead of whats in the trunk. I really want to know what happened to the Mach IV? gotta be some juicy gossip there.

I wish there was, wouldn't that be exciting... maybe an onstage brawl (oh wait, that was The Woodies). At the time of the Mach IV, Mel had a new child, a new project (Meshugga Beach Party), career changes in addition to writing for The Mel-tones. Johnny also was going through a career change, playing with The Berzerkers, as well as riding his bike through Belgium. Shig was playing continually with the Shitones and the AquaVelvets, thinking about opening a restaurant and wanted to re-start his own band, Shig and the Buzz. I was playing in Pollo del Mar, the Aqua Velvets, subbing on bass for the Insect Surfers and dealing with other, more mundane problems. The Mach IV just fell apart, sorry... It was great playing in a band where all IV members were fans of surf music, as well being songwriters.
--ferenc

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

PolloGuitar
The Mach IV just fell apart, sorry...

Well that's a depressing dud. Too bad, the band was stellar. Sort of a surf all-star team.

well thats sad, but also good to know. I thought that there was some big mystery behind the scenes blowout. That was forbidden to talk about. I kept meaning to ask Matt Kora about it, as he's got all the dirt
on the Nor cal bands. I'll play dumb and ask him next time I see him. and see if he makes something up. Wink

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Well, it's great to say that Eleki was the 'tween set music at the Kileauas, DD show on Tuesday. Very nice. Until Dick came on.

Rick

Rick

Page 1 of 1