PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
180 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
158 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
127 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
120 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
81 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
14 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
14 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
11 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink White witch hat Vol. & Tone knobs for Jazzmaster...SOLD

Page 1 of 1

I have a pair of NOS white witch hat Jazzmaster knobs for sale. These are perfect for backdating a newer Jazzmaster or for a restoration project. They are very hard to find since they were only used on Jazzmasters for a short time. They last set I saw on Ebay sold for over $160.00 Price for the pair is $80 with free shipping. PM me with an email address for pictures.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320186464940&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=011 Very Happy

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007 09:39:23

No offense, but that's pretty steep. I've seen them for around $50 on Ebay recently.....Also, they used witch hats for many years on Jazzmasters. From '65 on for the most part.

I admit, they are hard to come by, unless you have a source for NOS ones... Wink

Mmmm. Looking at your avatar you'd do well to keep that paper bag on your head.

You're asking over twice the amount these are going for on ebay from time to time. Daylight robbery.

Anyone smell Tuna??? Wink

If you click on the link in the original post and check the final selling price AND the rest of the bids, you'll see what the market seems to be for the knobs. There's no gun being held to anyones head to buy them.

The market sure is for the nobs!

TheSurfPolice
Mmmm. Looking at your avatar you'd do well to keep that paper bag on your head.

You're asking over twice the amount these are going for on ebay from time to time. Daylight robbery.

Anyone smell Tuna??? Wink

Nice first post.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Two <u>new members that are first time posters </u>here in the For Sale/ Trade section with replies, and both with negative comments. In their first posts! Shocked

Hummm, welcome to SG101???

It must be that season thingy...

Joel

I think they know each other from another forum...

Don

Happy Holidays! Confused

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

FWIW, there's a guy on offsetguitars.com selling NOS witchhats for $25 a pair.

I wasn't trying to offend. That Ebay link was what I took umbrage with. If you look at "finditonlyhere" a.k.a. "tune_o_matic's" (same guy) auctions on Ebay, he generally sells his stuff at 2x the market price. His auctions aren't a good indicator of the market. He somehow suckers people in to buying his wares, meanwhile helping to drive the vintage guitar market sky-high. He also is the #1 culprit of parting out nice vintage guitars, and cannibalizing said guitars to reassemble supposed "100% original" guitars on Ebay.

I didn't mean to start a war... Sorry

The starting price on the auction shown in the link (NOT my auction) was $9.99. There were 9 bids on the auction. Isn't that the way an auction is supposed to work?

wow! The bidding ended at $167.50! What the heck?! Rolling Eyes

Every word is like an unecessary stain on silence and nothingness.

surfinreverb
The starting price on the auction shown in the link (NOT my auction) was $9.99. There were 9 bids on the auction. Isn't that the way an auction is supposed to work?

That may be, but look at his other auctions. He's a criminal. I was involved in an email war with the guy a few months ago. I won't get in to it, because it wasn't pleasant.

Mel Waldorf is right, though. I've bought 2 sets of NOS witch hats for $25 from the seller on the other forum.

Anyway, I see you've sold them...Good for you. Smile

If anyone has a witch hat volume knob at a reasonable price pm me.
Thanks,

Guess there are people looking for these? Maybe I'll hold on to the two sets I have and let them appreciate! In a few years I'll be able to sell them and buy another Harley?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320220387548&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

And to think, I sold a set for $80 and got ripped a new a$$ on here for asking too much!

Stir the Pot

Wow!! you think someone will pay $245 for those filthy things?
Yikes!!

The TakeOffs
"Kauai's Only All-Instrumental Surf Band"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-TakeOffs/312866840587

surfinreverb
Guess there are people looking for these? Maybe I'll hold on to the two sets I have and let them appreciate! In a few years I'll be able to sell them and buy another Harley?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320220387548&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

And to think, I sold a set for $80 and got ripped a new a$$ on here for asking too much!

Stir the Pot

Blah Blah

It's amazing how much people will pay for VITNAEG M@J@!! Unless I found a decent source (which I have) for these at reasonable prices, I'd suffer with Strat knobs.

Fight

I just hate seeing vintage prices being driven through the roof, and not being able to find reasonably priced parts.

Nothing personal.

i said something similar years ago on the yahoo group about a vintage tort scratchplate that went for 1k5 or so... then Dave wronski - who unlike me knows his shit Wink - chimed in and explained that a strat of the same year with non-original scratchplate would appreciate in value WAY more than the 1K5.... which makes perfect sense to me.

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Page 1 of 1