PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
180 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
158 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
127 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
120 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
81 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
14 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
14 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
10 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Hallmark 60's Custom - New colors!

Page 1 of 1

Just noticed that they have some new, more traditional colors available for the 60 custom.

Candy Apple Red
Candy Ink Blue
and 3-Tone SB (my personal favorite)

http://www.hallmarkguitars.com/

Wish I could afford one right now. Crying

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

Oh yeah, also dig the new Barris guitar:
http://www.hallmarkguitars.com/Barris/default.html

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Killers from Space

Yeah!!!! I am patiently waiting for Bob to ship mine. I orderd the sunburst. It ought to look boss on those guitars with the binding! A full report will follow.......ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

mmmmmmmm...........sunburst with binding........... Drool

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Killers from Space

eddie, please post pics of your guitar when you get it... the full report is needed as well. When are you supposed to get it?

eddiekatcher
Yeah!!!! I am patiently waiting for Bob to ship mine. I orderd the sunburst. It ought to look boss on those guitars with the binding! A full report will follow.......ed

you are going to let me test this if i come through your neck of the woods around new years??? ?si senor? (sorry i couldn't invert the first ?

www.surfintheeye.com

I will be awakening on Christmas morning to open my gift, a Raven Black Hallmark Swept-Wing. I just love the look, Munsters meet the Jetson's!

anyone want a blue metallic with matching headstock mosrite super excellent?

also, do these have black headstocks too? or matching headstocks?

boyecho
anyone want a blue metallic with matching headstock mosrite super excellent?

also, do these have black headstocks too? or matching headstocks?

According to Bob Shade, they will have matching headstocks.

I really dig them too, and are they made in Maryland? The Hallmark Company is P.O. Box Maryland. Does anyone know? How is the quality on these?
Maple necks and Alder bodies, on most I think. Great look to them

Peace to you, not on you

the guitars are made in korea, not maryland.

I believe the new guitars are due in before the end of November...tick tock. I will certainly post pictures and a full report. I had a chance to check out several of these guitars in Colorado this summer as both SoniChris and Maui had them. Although I didn't spend a lot of time looking them over, I was impressed enough on first impression to order one as soon as I found out that the new batch would include a sunburst option. Bob has apparently improved on some of the issues that made Mosrites somewhat less desirable to some of us. I like his take on these improvements.

I bought an '88 Mosrite Ventures Model-set neck, bound body, side jack, vibramute reissue when Semie was building guitars in Jonas Ridge. It was absolutely the most beautiful guitar that I've ever owned but it sounded awful. It also had a dead spot on the third string at the octive fret. I spent a great amount of time trying to correct the problems but finally gave up and sold it.

I am really hopeful that these new Hallmarks will be really good. They are being built overseas but I've seen some pretty good guitars from over there over the last few years.

Impatient eddie

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

WaimeaBay
the guitars are made in korea, not maryland.

What!!! ???

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

^^ Look on the bright side, they are made in South Korea, not North Smile

I will really need some honest feedback before I buy this guitar. I am not knocking Korean made guitars, there are some decent made instruments that come out of their for affordable prices. However, these Hallmarks are not exactly cheap. 900 + dollars to get a foreign made guitar seems a bit steep. You can easily get a CIJ Jag or Jazz for cheaper than this. Heck you can ebay an AVRI guitar for only 100 bucks more.

If these guitars can compete with a Mosrite I would consider it, but I need to know more and hopefully play one before I buy.

Hi Kyle. I'm not sure exactly what part of "what?" you are asking. I will be more that happy to elaborate on any details that you might be interested in.
Always here to help.

ed

Here is an additional thought for most of you guys. Today, almost all guitars a produced on CNC woodworking machines. Writing the computer code to carve guitars is no big deal. Given equal raw materials, Most modern guitars start out pretty much the same......ed

certainly, but i'd take a set neck alder bodied mosrite style guitar from hallmark over my bolt on basswood from japan mosrite. i strongly dislike basswood.

i really wish i had known these were coming out soon when i bought my mosrite. i'd have waited. i might take the plunge eventually.

Page 1 of 1