PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
181 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
159 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
127 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
121 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
82 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
15 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
15 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
1 day ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink WTB: 2X12 CABINET FOR 64 BASSMAN

Page 1 of 1

I am looking for speakers/cab for my Bassman head. I'd prefer a matching Fender cab w/tilt back legs and piggyback hardware, but would compromise if the price is right. pm me here or email me at chickenshackradio@lycos.com if you can help me out.

thanks,
Jon

The Exotics 1994-Current
The Chickenshack - www.wmse.org
www.thedoghouseflowers.com
www.uptownsavages.com

Hey Jon have you checked out Mojo's cabs? you can changed and add what you want at an extra cost, $322.50 + add options
Mojo Blackface Bassman 2x12 Extension Style

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

yeah I checked that out. It's definately an option. Do you know if they'll put the legs, piggyback hardware and speakers in for me or will they ship all the parts separately? I guess I'll just call them if I can't find a decent Fender cab.

thanks,
Jon

The Exotics 1994-Current
www.uptownsavages.com

I want to say yes and you think they would but I would give them a call to make sure, I have only ordered the cabs bare without the hardware just the handle, corners, glides but you could save some dough by going to these guys for the amp hardware, they carry "Genuine Fender parts" they are fab! they can find any part you need if you don't see it listed just give em' a buzz they will have what you need down to the hard to find Jaguar/Jazzmaster trem mounting screws crazy Duh
Music Parts Guru

-Kyle

The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

Kyle,
Thanks for the tip. After calling every place around Milwaukee I decided to have a cabinet made. I called Mojo and they will do everything except actually install any hardware that has a Fender Logo. That means that they will drill the cabinet for the tilt back legs, but will not install them. It's cool with me as I feel comfortable with a screw driver, but would be nervous to drill into a new cabinet that I just paid for. They are going to install the piggyback hardware. I upgraded the grill cloth to the aged style and ordered two Jensen C12N speakers and wiring harness that they will also install. The whole thing is going to run $602 + shipping. They were super helpful and friendly. Turnaround time is about 3 weeks. I'm pretty stoked.

I did find 3 60s bassman cabinets at a music store here, but the owner couldn't tell me what years they were from or if they had stock speakers or any other details. Plus he was kind of a dick and didn't want me to open the backs to find out for myself. After a handfull of questions he took a phone call and never came back. The cheapest one was marked $600 and was pretty beat. Since I am going to play out with it I think that having one built was the smart thing to do and it should match up pretty well with the '64 head.

The Exotics 1994-Current
www.uptownsavages.com

Congrats! the folk's at mojo are great to deal with, that's a cool deal of them pre-drillin' the holes.

Here's a cool tip on dating Fender cabs, some will have stamped dates insdie and others don't but a good way to find out the year is that Fender would stamp the inside of one of the legs and that's a 100% that's if the date is not worn or gone, please note only 1 leg will have the stamped date
the other leg won't

Yeah Mojo's cabs are dead on to vintage specs, also don't forget about throwing in insalation and the reason why is that it will make the sound much tighter with cool tone.

Cheers
Kyle

-Kyle

The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

I wasn't sure if Mojo would be insulating the cab or not. I didn't even ask. Per your email I'd assume not. It will be easy enough to do on my own though. I'm stoked as I've been sitting on this mint '64 head - AA864 for a while now with no speaker cab to hook it up. The cabinet cannot get here soon enough.

The Exotics 1994-Current
www.uptownsavages.com

You can use roofing stuff for the cab, sometimes they come up for sale on ebay vintage for a few bucks, man you have the killer circuit AA864!
When you have your rig together post some photos I would love to see it.

Cheers

-Kyle

The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

Page 1 of 1