PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
187 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
166 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
134 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
128 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
89 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
22 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
22 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
8 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

40%

40%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Fender 2X15 Cab....Any info?

Page 1 of 1

I was bumming around a music store in Salem, OR, and I came across a dinged up Fender 2X15 Cab. The store owner said the guy selling it used a Dual Showman. The tag said $199. It was closed-back of course, so I couldn't see what the speakers were.

Anyone know about these?

It's going to be hard to tell without any pic or in depth description of this 2x15 cab, but I'm guessing that it could be a tall BF pre-'68 cab black tolex, Black White Silver grill cloth without chrome trim or tall SF black tolex '68 to '79 Blue White Silver grill cloth with chrome trim and on the back of the cab a serial plate/flag with model etc. also there is a smaller version of the 2x15 2x12 cabs but the speakers aren't strait in line up and down but more side to side corner to corner these came out in the early to mid 70s, or it could even be a 2x15 Bassman cab, or a tall SF mid late 70s 2x15 Bassman cab with a port at the bottom, or a BF or late 60s 2x15 Bassman cab hhmmm don't know man??? take a cell phone pic of it next time you're there if the store let's ya???

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

next time, take along a cordless drill with a phillips bit, and ask if you can take the back off - 30 screws or so later, you can see the speakers. If you volunteer to do it for them, the shop should let you do it.

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

The dimensions of the "more desirable" (non-huge) Dual Showman cabinet are 36" wide, 24" high, 11.5" deep. The larger, later vertical 2-15 cabinets don't sound as tight.

If it is one of those early (pre-mid 1967) smaller 2-15 cabs, $199 is a great deal even if it has no speakers and needs recovered, assuming it is a genuine Fender piece.

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004, 2024-)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Dude! Better buy it quick! Two bills? Wow!

I'd say it's a good deal no matter what. As long as there are speakers in there, even if you hate them, you can sell them and re-coup at LEAST a quarter of what you paid while still having a quality Fender cab.

I think I paid something like $425 for the cab I play through. It's one of the early 70s Bassman 2x15 cabs, with the speakers set on a slant from each other, so it's only 30" tall, 28" wide, and a foot deep. It came loaded with 2 D-130s, but one didn't work.

So, in other words, go for it!
~B~

I really think it's a pretty good deal, but I don't have a use for it. I'd really like to have a 2-12 Cab. I use a '71 Twin, and a Hot Rod Deluxe. The 2 15s would be overkill with the Twin, and the HRD wouldn't drive them well. Crying

If you like the deal and have the money, I'd say buy it, probably later you'll find a good use for it. Don't let good chances like that slip.

Augusto Vite

www.facebook.com/carne.y.cosas

BUY IT! Shocked
If you don't like it just sell it again and win some extra $$$.....
Or tell us where is that place so someone near can go and buy it. This is a very good deal! $200 is a ridiculous price.

Every word is like an unecessary stain on silence and nothingness.

Page 1 of 1