PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
180 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
158 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
127 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
120 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
81 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
14 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
14 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
17 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Aqualads are back! And some interesting history

Page 1 of 1

I'm sure cross-posting is frowned upon here, however I'm going to link my latest FB post and pray to the Surf gods that I don't get struck by lightning! Long story short, I've started playing Guitar for the Aqualads again and there's 3 out of the 4 people involved who did the Treasures album among others. I personally have been involved with the Aqualads from the very beginning, and so this is quite a joy for me to once again get to play music I spent so much of my life writing and playing. Here's the post! And it's great to be back!

Facebook Post

Jeremy

Great news. I treasure (sorry!) all five Aqualads CDs and look forward to many more!

That's great Jeremy,I'm glad you're back with the band!

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

BEST. NEWS. OF. THE. YEAR.

Groovy Monkey Guitar Monkey Groovy Monkey Guitar Monkey
Monkey Guitar Monkey Groovy Monkey Guitar Monkey Groovy

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Congrats, sorry about the Drama

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Yay!!! Great news1

Bob

This is great news! Treasures was an incredible release!!!

Please feel free to copy / paste your FB post here since many people aren't on FB.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Excellent!!!! The first 3 cuts off Treasures
Reef Rider - Snake Eyes - Phantom Point
are the trifecta blueprint for how surf cd's should start! Cool

Which guitar were you using on that cd?

Surfcat

2023 SG101 Compilation - Tribute to Noel
The Journey Home - Agent Octopus (Our SG101 Comp download)

From Atlantis with Love - Released - July 2023
Agent Octopus-Spotify
Christmas on the Beach - NEW SINGLE Dec 2023!!
Reverb Galaxy - Angle of Attack CD - BANDCAMP

Surf, the most dangerous of all musical genres...

Man, oh man! Made the couple hours and change trek to CLT for last nights debut of the latest incarnation of The Aqualads and I could not be more glad I did.

'Zombie Dave' from Jeremy's Exotica/Surfxotica band The Manakooras has joined Jeremy, Greg (guitar) and Darrell (drums) to lock in with Darrell and hold down the groove. 'Lock In' and 'Hold it Down' they did.

As a fellow NC'er and friends with the Jeremy & the boys for quite some time now, I've had the good fortune to see this phenomenal band multiple times over the last dozen years or so.

It was instantly obvious how easily Jeremy & the boys picked right back up as if they were never apart. And just as impressive, how quickly and how incredibly well Dave jumped into it all. As I understand it, Dave came a little late to this reboot and has only practiced with them twice in the last several weeks (month maybe?). If you didn't know that, you'd never know. Masterful playing, great pocket & groove. He just flat out nailed it. Of course the unspoken telepathy between Jeremy, Greg and Darrell was on display in fine form too.

The energy and vibe of the band was outstanding as was the Thursday night crowd at Tommy's Pub. Many long time friends and fans eager to witness NC's finest surf band back at it (perhaps one of the finest active surf bands period). Disappointed they were not.

I know the boys had to be a little anxious, buzzing with excitement to be back at it, but what was real fun to watch was THEM having fun. I think I saw more smiles and wry grin's shot one another's way than I ever have. And there were many songs that sounded just as good if not better than I've ever heard them performed. I got the sense they knew and felt that way too, later confirmed at the bar afterwards.

To be sure they will only get better which is kinda crazy considering a real high bar set last night. I know they're already talking about working up and recording a new album. Sounds like many new songs already exist so who knows, maybe we get more new Aqualads in 2024 (???). I can't hardly way for that!

The Aqualads are definitely back!!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Last edited: Oct 06, 2023 14:07:27

Page 1 of 1