PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
180 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
158 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
126 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
120 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
81 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
14 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
14 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
7 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Wedge Goes Off - Surfs Up!

Page 1 of 1

The Wedge went off this week. 2 people were swept off the jetty & killed.
Photos via LA Times.

Solid waves...looks cold too. We have a surf spot called the wedge here in Newcastle Australia too.....

Surfline is predicting 18 to 20' today again. Im out the door with my camera. The Eliminators song "Bone Cruncher" is playing in my head.

Orange County Register Article

-Kristena

"Turn the knob to 10 and break it off!" -Baja Marty

I surfed Seal Beach jetty yesterday morning a solid double + overhead and Huntington over the weekend solid head high plus. Firing week of surf here on Southern California's south facing beaches!
Yarp!
Ted from the Det's

Not to state the obvious but the wedge is surf spot in Newport Beach and Dick Dale's house (from the "young girl incident" years) is right there next to the jetty. I wonder where he got the song title for The Wedge?
Ted

I spent the morning at the Wedge today. It was big & nasty. Waves were breaking over the jetty into the channel. Three guys tried to go out. Only one made it on the first try. One guy was caught & pounded repeatedly by a 20' set. Not long after, the wedge spit him out. The place is awe inspiring when it is this huge.

What really bothered me were the clueless parents allowing some really small kids to run loose up to the waters edge. I was just waiting for one of these kids to get sucked out by a rogue wave. I had to give several parents an ear full on how freaking ignorant they were. Over the years, I've seen numerous spectators sucked off their feet & into the grinder. Anyway, here are the pics along with Dick Dales former house.

Wow. Thanks for the pics HB.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Yes Dick surfed the Wedge by his mansion back in the late 50's early 60's. He'll be the first to admit it was very, very stupid to do so. Many lives have been lost there and many parapalegics were created there from broken necks & backs.

I'm a lover not a fighter, a hugger not a handshaker and I take friendships very seriously...Love the life you live, live the life you love. Cool

The Wedge claimed another victim yesterday.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1662535.php

Page 1 of 1