PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
184 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
162 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
131 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
124 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
85 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
19 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
19 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

25%

25%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Recording Corner »

Permalink Fender Amplitube in Sony Acid

Page 1 of 1

Hi All.

Im completely new to this recording lark and have spent ages trying to find the answer but so far failed.
Is it poossible for me to get my sound from Amplitube Fender to record in Sony Acid v8? What im trying to achieve is a simple backing track to play along with at home. I purchased some of "Steves Springy Drum Tracks" and made a few drum tracks and would now like to add rhythm guitar and later, bass. I need to do this as cheaply as possible at the moment. If you could give me some direction that would be great.
Cheers
Nigel

Last edited: Jan 05, 2012 14:07:44

Of course you can.
I don't know Acid, but like any other DAW: insert Amplitube on a track as a plug-in, arm this track and record. You can of course record it clean, and then add the plug-in.
That's all, that simple.

Thanks for that. Ive managed to open up amplitube in the DAW but all im getting is dry sound. Im probably only a couple of clicks away - its just -which clicks? I think it would be simpler for me to set my guitar tone first and record that, saves asking more questions afterwatrds!!
Cheers
Nigel

Dude, I strongly suggest you study your software's manual, it's worth it.
Do you see the gain meter in the Amplitube window reacting to your playing? Does the track meter respond?
Usually, you have to arm the track for recording, and choose monitoring on in order to hear what you're playing. Enable track FX, and watch your gain staging. Don't know what else...

Hi DreadIn.
Yes im looking through the manual but its difficult to know what to look for as the terminology is new and doesnt allways make alot of sense to me. No response to playing the guitar in the gain meter. Will keep trying thanks.

Ive just done the arming and recording etc but still no sound, just dry signal. There is no input signal showing on the amplitube plugin, i guess that could be the problem, maybe the DAW isnt recognizing the plugin?
Cheers
Nigel

Consult the "Recording Audio" chapter in the manual.

To see where the problem's at, take any existing audio file you have, drop it into the track you put the Amplitube in (activate the plug-in with some crazy effect just to test), and see if the plug-in works.

If it does, then maybe it's something to do with your monitoring options. You have to route the guitar input to the same track the Amplitube's on.

If it doesn't, then something is not configured right with the plug-in.

Last edited: Jan 05, 2012 16:22:37

Thanks for your help Dreadin, much appreciated. Im done in now so will tackle it again tommorow.
Cheers
Nigel

I tried out both Sony Acid and Amplitube last year and they will work together. I no longer have the software installed but off the top of my head, go to options/preferences/audio by default it should be set to windows sound mapper. Try the other drivers in the drop down box, just fiddle around and audio-in/out might become alive. Also under File/Preferences are some audio options for the actual track you are working on. If you manage to figure it but have a lot of latency timing issues, if you haven't installed Asio4all drivers then it's worth a try: http://www.asio4all.com/ I think Asio only works at 48khz - 16bit hummm not sure, maybe someone else could comment on that.

Page 1 of 1