PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
180 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
158 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
127 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
120 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
81 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
14 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
14 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
10 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

61%

61%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink another Soldano Reverb on the EBAY...

Page 1 of 1

...only US$1725 (holy crap)!!!...looks like you guys have about 13 hours left to snipe this one up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290061239834&rd=1&rd=1

dp
...only US$1725 (holy crap)!!!...looks like you guys have about 13 hours left to snipe this one up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290061239834&rd=1&rd=1

Only $17.25!!! Holy crap, I better jump on it!!! Wink
Wow! There have been 4 bids on it! Id' sure like to hear
one of these beasts to see if they really are that special to
command that kind of money....

Bob

Bob

That' funny; the guy has an $1,800 effect and also a $15 Dano dist. pedal. Now there's a range for yahz
g

I would think that there has to be at least one guy on here with Deep enough pockets to spring (pun intended) for this.
why are there only 100 made?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

okay i am setting up a paypal account in order to buy this for surfguitar101.com

if anyone is intersted in donating 10 bucks let me know!

only if it gets to go around to everybody that donates. ha ha

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Seriously,
For a price like that, the friggin thing better kick itself!

Not to make a plea for charity, but I think my whole paycheck from last month wouldn't afford that... ah, the glories of public education.

~B~

Other than it's being a collectable item, does anyone know that the damn thing sounds any good?

I bought one from solidbodyguitar, and sold it a year later. I think I paid $1,650.00 for it. It was a fine unit. Back then I was into other styles, wanted the cash, and sold it to buy something else. The convenience of having all three effects in one unit was cool.. and it looks awesome! There are plenty of other ways to achieve these sounds - the sounds it produces are not really superior to vintage Fender Reverb tanks, etc. So I would say to anyone thinking they are going to upgrade their sound by buying this, you might be a bit disappointed. Look at it this way, if you already have a great guitar, a vintage Fender amp, really nice Reverb unit, perhaps collect gear, and have the money, go for it. They will hold their value. If I recall correctly, the hype on Harmony Central paints this thing as the second coming, I disagree. If you gig, and play Surf exclusively it would be worth having. Purists might think Soldano and Surf are a weird combo..

RockabillyKing
Purists might think Soldano and Surf are a weird combo..

Actually, I remember the Boss Martians talking about Mr. Soldano, and saying that he's really into surf music, as well as the whole sixties surf culture! He also owns several vintage hot rods and let the Boss Martians borrow them for a photo session. I think he may have given them some amps, too, but I'm not sure about that. (He's from Seattle, isn't he?) Anyway, though he builds those super-gain amps, I guess he's still got the love for the old stuff...

Ivan

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Lou Reed used one of these when I worked on his gig in London, along with lots of other super expensive gear.

Soldano has a lot of surf references, with amps called Astroverb for example.

FWIW, I feel that these should have been about $1,500.00 new.

Page 1 of 1