Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
330 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
257 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
257 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
177 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
156 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
124 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
117 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
78 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
12 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
12 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Eddie Bertrand's Gear for sale, update list 6-17-2013, on page 5

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

Crying

IMO.

I have a decision to make on Eddie's Fender Quad Rverb Amp. Leave in the Celestion Vintage 30 G12 speakers that Eddie installed or replace them with the original Fender Oxford speakers that the amp was manufactured with. All speakers are in perfect condition. This is the amp Eddie used for the Rendezvous Reunion 2000. Unknown which speakers were in the amp at that time.

Last edited: May 15, 2013 16:15:32

I would leave it alone, but that's just me.

IMO.

I would also leave as is. I'm not a fan of Oxfords in general and if it sound good. leave it alone imo

www.northofmalibu.com

kenposurf wrote:

I would also leave as is. I'm not a fan of Oxfords in general and if it sound good. leave it alone imo

Agreed.

Besides, those celestions are nice, and if Eddie preferred them, that's convincing enough for me.

IMO.

Eddie actually spoke about this amp in his last interview. I think he preferred the sound of the stock speakers but he found the celestions to be a suitable replacement. If it aint broke dont fix it
PrestonRice wrote:

kenposurf wrote:

Agreed.

Besides, those celestions are nice, and if Eddie preferred them, that's convincing enough for me.

WWED?

IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUo97Xt1Nyo&feature=youtube_gdata_player PrestonRice wrote:

WWED?

PrestonRice wrote:

WWED?

Eddie would also put in a master volume, gain boost, and re-route his guitars for humbuckers judging by his gear list!

Tim, do what you think would be best for you!

After speaking w/Steve and a few others..yes, as Jake says Eddie tried a lot of different mods w/his gear..he might drill a hole in a pedal so he could move the button to a different spot that would sit better on his board etc. I didn't know but have been told that Eddie had been doing a lot of gritty overdriven type music prior to getting back into the classic surf setup so stands to reason that much of his gear was modded for styles other than surf.

www.northofmalibu.com

Last edited: May 15, 2013 19:51:11

seafoam_johnny wrote:

Cry I'd settle for just one of his picks or an old string Cry

They could probably raise some bucks by removing the strings from his guitars and selling them individually. Personally, I would buy one to make into a bracelet...which I did with a string from the last guitar a late buddy of mine played

Shawn Martin
http://www.drummerman.net
http://www.youtube.com/GKacedrummerman
http://www.facebook.com/drumuitar

Hey guys- Here’s the final list for the first batch of Eddie Bertrand’s guitars, amps, effects and misc. items. Remember, if you want any of these items prior to the guitar show this Saturday, you can still contact me tomorrow ( Friday, May 24th) at my shop in Orange and beat the rush ! Please spread the word, (and the lists) so we can put this gear in the hands of those who will appreciate it, and help Eddie’s family out at the same time. For more information on the guitar show ( directions, hours, etc. ) this Saturday, please see :

http://www.cityofangelsguitarshow.com/phone/author/cityofangelsguitarshow

The next batch of items will be available in a couple of weeks, and will include mostly recording gear, racks, stands, etc. Hope to see you at the guitar show !

Steve Soest
Soest Guitar
Orange, Ca.
714 538 0272
www.soestguitar.com
soestguitar@earthlink.net

EDDIE BERTRAND LIST #3

EFFECTS ( CONTINUED ) :

E021: BOSS NS-2 NOISE SUPPRESOR IN ORIG. BOX $60
E022: IBANEZ TUBE SCREAMER TS-808 OVERDRIVE PRO (RE-ISSUE) IN BOX $125
E023: MXR FLANGER (AC POWERED) IN ORI. BOX $150
E024: MXR DYNACOMP IN BOX $80
E025:MXR 10 BAND GRAPHIC EQUALIZER AC POWERED $100
E026: MXR DYNACOMP ( NEWER MODEL) IN ORIG. BOX $50
E027: HUGHES AND KETTNER RED BOX MARK ii CABINETULATOR G $80
E028: RADIO SHACK STEREO MIKE MIXER $60
E029: SAME AS ABOVE $60
E030: BOSS NS-2 NOISE SUPRESSOR IN ORIG. BOX $60
E031: DOD FX75 STEREO FLANGER $60
E032: MAESTRO 273A FLANGER $185
E033: ARION SCH-1 STEREO CHORUS IN ORIG. BOX $45
E035: REALISTIC SPKR. CONTROL CENTER $25
E036: MXR DISTORTION + IN ORIG. BOX $100
E037: KEYBOARD? VOL. PEDAL TRS PLUG $80
E038: BOSS TU-12H TUNER $40
E039: FOOTSWITCH IN METAL BOX $25

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Some of you have said you would like one of Eddie's strings. I have 6 available. See my listing in the buy/sell section. Make a donation to SG101 and you can have one of them.

Later,
Norm

normj wrote:

Some of you have said you would like one of Eddie's strings. I have 6 available. See my listing in the buy/sell section. Make a donation to SG101 and you can have one of them.

Later,
Norm

Very generous, Norm. Bump!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: May 25, 2013 18:57:45

I still have some strings left.

Latest update from Steve:

hey jeff – thanks for your support with this project ! now that the first public showing at the guitar show is behind us, please let everyone who might be interested know that anything that’s left is now up for sale, and all offers will be considered. let me know if you need the 3 lists re-sent to you, and feel free to post or share them with all the fans. I can be contacted at:

soestguitar@earthlink.net and

714 538 0272

lots of good stuff still available !

thanks, steve soest

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Update:

hey jeff- I just revised the eddie bertrand gear lists ( took off the stuff that has been sold, and dropped the prices to reasonable numbers on all the items ) and added list #4 which is rackmount studio gear. can you share it with your people again ? also, if we have a bunch of stuff left by the middle on next month, I may want to take you up on your offer to display at the convention in august. once again, thanks for all your help. if anyone has any questions, I can be reached at the shop : 714 538 0272 or: soestguitar@earthlink.net

steve soest.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

List 1:

EDDIE BERTRAND ESTATE LIST #1 ( Revised 6/17/13)
AMPS:
A001 GROOVE TUBES ELECTRONICS STP-GII RACKMOUNT TUBE AMP 35 WATTS 2-EL34, 4-12AX7 $1400 LIST PRICE $550
A002 FENDER QUAD REVERB 4-12" CELESTION G12M 100 WATTS EDDIE'S MAIN AMP IN THE MID-1980s HAS GAIN MOD $60
A003 FENDER SHOWMAN (APRIL 1964) BLACKFACE CONVERTED COSMETICALLY TO BLOND SHOWMAN FEATURES ( BLOND TOLEX,OXBLOOD GRILLCLOTH, ETC.) MODS FOR MASTER VOLUME AND GAIN W/ CUSTOM MADE MATCHING 4-12"" (CELESTION G12) CABINET ON WHEELS $1199
AOO4 FENDER SHOWMAN AMP ( AUGUST 1965 ) BLACKFACE CONVERTED COSMETICALLY TO BLOND SHOWMAN FEATURES (BLOND TOLEX,OXBLOOD GRILL)HAS POSSIBLE GAIN BOOST W/ MATCHING 2-15" ( EMINENCE PATRIOT SPEAKERS) CUSTOM MADE SHOWMAN-SIZE SPEAKER CABINET $1299
A006 GOMEZ "EL SONIDO" CUSTOM MADE, HAND WIRED BASSMAN 6G6B CIRCUIT HEAD ONLY SERIAL #8 BLOND/OXBLOOD 50 WATTS W/COVER PERFECT! CALL FOR PRICE
EFFECTS:
E001 ECHOPLEX ( MARKED: "STUDIO/LVE) EP-3? DIRTY CONTROLS. THESE USUALLY NEED SERVICING AFTER SITTING THIS LONG, BUT WORKS FINE.MARKET ELECTRONICS MODEL $450
E002 ECHOPLEX ( MARKED: "LIVE" ) EP-3? AS ABOVE, WORKS FINE MARKET ELECTRONICS MODEL $450
E003 DEAN MARKLEY "VOICE BOX" ( UNTESTED) 100 WATT MODEL W/ MOUTH TUBE ( EASILY REPLACEABLE) $100
E004 ELECTRO HARMONIX STEREO MEMORY MAN STEREO ECHO/CHORUS AC POWERED WORKS PERFECTLY $195
E005 PRO-CO "THE RAT" ( VINTAGE RAT ) CIRCA 1997 NAME TAPED OVER WORKS PERFECTLY $75
E006 PRO-CO "THE RAT" (VINTAGE RAT) SAME ERA NAME TAPED OVER WORKS PERFECTLY $75
E007 DIGITECH "WHAMMY" (2006) WHAMMY4V MADE IN CHINA, BASICALLY NEW IN BOX. NO POWER SUPPLY RED W/ MANUAL $150
E008 FENDER RE-ISSUE TUBE REVERB UNIT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN RE-COVERED IN BLOND TOLEX WORKS FINE. W/ COVER $399
E010 DIGITECH PDS 1000 DIGITAL DELAY BLUE. WORKS GREAT $125
EO11 ROCKTEK STOMP TUNER IN BOX ( NOT WORKING ) $20
EO12 TECH 21 SANS AMP BASS DRIVER IN ORIGINAL BOX $150
E014 DEMETER TREMULATOR TREMOLO PEDAL LOW OUTPUT, IN ORIGINAL BOX NEEDS SERVICE. $100
E015 DAN ARMSTRONG "ORANGE SQUEEZER" MUSICTRONICS U.S.A .COMPRESSOR PLUGS INT O GUITAR OR AMP $100
E016 DAN ARMSTRON "RED RANGER" MUSICTRONICS U.S.A. TRBLE/BASS BOOSTER NEEDS NEW BATTERY CLIP $100
MISCELLANEOUS:
M002 JMF MODEL GUITAR TUNER. NOT WORKING PROPERLY. $25
M004 CUSTOM MADE HARDWOOD DOVETAILED "MESA BOOGIE" STYLE CABINET W/ WICKER GRILL, FOR 12" SPEAKER AND CHASSISVERY COOL FOR PROJECT. $150
M005 ROLAND GR-1 GUITAR SYNTHESIZER MODULE W. GK-2 PICKUP/DRIVER IN BOX, NO CABLE OR POWER SUPPLY $275

Jeff(bigtikidude)

List 2:

EDDIE BERTRAND LIST #2 (Revised 6/17/13)

GUITARS:
GOO1 1965 FENDER JAGUAR OLYMPIC WHITE, TORTOISE SHELL PICKGUARD. ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD W/ DOT INLAYS (NO NECK BINDING). ORIGINAL NICKLE KLUSON TUNERS, OUTFITTED WITH MUSTANG BRIDGE ( ORIGINAL BRIDGE AND MUTE ASSEMBLY IN THE CASE). NICE BIG NECK, HONEST PLATING WEAR ( DINGS, SCRATCHES, BELT RASH, ETC. ). EDDIE'S MAIN GIGGING GUITAR FOR THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS. RE-FRETTED W/ TALLER FRETS. NECK DATE : AUGUST 1965, CURIOUS SERIAL NUMBER ON "F" PLATE:650059. NON-FENDER HARD BLACK CASE. $5500.

GOO3 STRATOCASTER JAPANESE SERIAL NUMBER NECK PLATE ( NOT FENDER) MAPLE 22 FRET AFTERMARKET MAPLE NECK W/ "EB" ON HEADSTOCK. FENDER '62 RE-ISSUE SUNBURST BODY ROUTED FOR FLOYD ROSE/IBANEZ EDGE TREMOLO SYSTEM. MODIFIED W/ EMG PICKUPS AND ROLAND GK-2 SYNTH SYSTEM. IN FENDER RE-ISSUE TWEED CASE, INCLUDES ROLAND GR-1 GUITAR SYNTH MODULE W/ CARRYING CASE, CABLES AND OWNER'S MANUAL. EDDIE'S 1980s GIG AND RECORDING GUITAR. $800

G004 STRATOCASTER BLANK SERIAL NUMBER PLATE. AFTERMARKET (WARMOTH?) FLAMED MAPLE, FLAT RADIUS 21 FRET FENDER-STYLE NECK W/ FENDER DECAL AND IMPORT "KLUSON-STYLE TUNERS. AGED WHITE FINISH ON ALDER BODY ( POSSIBLY FENDER), ROUTED FOR HUMBUCKERS. DIMARZIO ZEBRA IN NECK POSITION, SEYMOUR DUNCAN JB IN LEAD POSITION. CTS POTS W/ PUSH/PULL ON TONE KNOBS. STOCK FENDER VINTAGE RE-ISSUE BRIDGE, IMPORT W/B/W PICKGUARD, IN BLACK IMPORT HARD CASE. $550
GOO5 STRATOCASTER FENDER VINTAGE RE-ISSUE DERIAL NUMBER NECK PLATE (V018500) AFTERMARKET 22 FRET MAPLE NECK (EB ON HEADSTOCK) SUNBURST ALDER FENDER '62 RE-ISSUE BODY ( ROUTED FOR HUMBUCKERS) 1980s CTS POTS,KINMAN ( AUSTRALIAN LOW-NOISE) 1987 LOW-GAUSS STRAT PICKUPS. STOCK FENDER RE-ISSUE BRIDGE, NO TUNERS ( DRILLED FOR KLUSON-STYLE REPLICAS) W/ FENDER PLASTIC SKB CASE. $550
G007 IBANEZ "JS" SERIES DOUBLE CUTAWAY GRAY METALLIC BODY. 2- HUMBUCKERS, COIL TAPS, 5-WAY SWITCH. TONE AND VOLUME CONTROL, EDGE LOCKING TREMOLO SYSTEM, STOCK GOTOH TUNERS, W/ ORIGINAL HARDSHELL IBANEZ CASE #F0300972 ON HEADSTOCK, #010309 0N NECKPLATE $350
G008 YAMAHA FG2000 (1970s) DOUBLE CUTAWAY,MAHOGANY BODY,MAPLE TOP, SUNBURST,2-HUMBUCKING PICKUPS W/ TONE AND VOLUME CONTROLS ( PUSH/PULL COIL TAPS) 3 WAY SWITCH, GOLD PARTS, ORIGINAL HARD CASE. THE TAILPIECE HAS BEEN MOVED BACK A BIT. EDDIE'S MAIN EARLY 1980s GUITAR BEFORE HE BOUGHT HIS FIRST RE-ISSUE STRAT. HE BOUGHT THIS GUITAR ON DECEMBER 30TH, 1980 AT A PAWN SHOP IN BLYTHE, CALIFORNIA #004099 $650
G009 KAMAN GTX "JACKSON-STYLE" SOLID BODY 2 SINGLE COILS, I HUMBUCKER, 3-ON/OFF SWITCHES, TONE AND VOLUME CONTROLS. SAYS:"EDDIES ABYSS" ON FRONT OF BODY, MARKED "GTX STRAT W/3 PU-08-MGE4438" ON BACK. USED IN STUDIO. W/ BLACK GIG BAG, LOCKING-STYLE TREMOLO, GOTOH TUNERS. BODY STRIPPED AND SEALED W/ CLEAR FINISH. $299

MISCELLANEOUS:

M007 AFTERMARKET FENDER -STYLE BIRDSEYE "V" SHAPED MAPLE NECK, ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD, 22 FRETS W/ SPERZEL LOCKING TUNERS, "EB" ON HEADSTOCK $225
M008 AFTERMARKET IMPORT 21 FRET MAPLE FENDER-STYLE NECK, ROSEWOOD FINGERBOARD, NO TUNERS (DRILLED FOR FENDER "F" TUNERS) $150
M009 PAIR OF 1970s GIBSON "SOAPBAR" P-90 PICKUPS $300
M010 SET OF (3) FENDER '57-'62 RE-ISSUE STRAT PICKUPS $125
M011 SET OF (3) FENDER (JAPAN) STRAT PICKUPS, POTS AND SWITCH $100

EFFECTS:

E017 CRY BABY WAH PEDAL MODEL 95-910511 THOMAS ORGAN CO. TDK INDUCTOR. BEAT UP, ONE FOOT MISSING, WORKS FINE. $100
E018 AS ABOVE SERIAL # 1947292NICE, CLEAN, WORKS FINE $120
E019 AS ABOVE, SERIAL # 1947292, CHANGED POT, BEAT, BUT WORKS FINE MARKED #1 ON THE BOTTOM, IN A BOX $100

SPEAKERS:
SOO1 CELESTION G12C-30 12" 30 WATT 16 OHM $50
S002 JBL E-120 12" IN 8 OHMS BOX $150

Jeff(bigtikidude)

EDDIE BERTRAND LIST #3 (Revised 6/17/13)

EFFECTS :

E021: BOSS NS-2 NOISE SUPPRESOR IN ORIG. BOX $50
E022: IBANEZ TUBE SCREAMER TS-808 OVERDRIVE PRO (RE-ISSUE) IN BOX $100
E023: MXR FLANGER (AC POWERED) IN ORI. BOX $125
E024: MXR DYNACOMP IN BOX $80
E025:MXR 10 BAND GRAPHIC EQUALIZER AC POWERED $90
E026: MXR DYNACOMP ( NEWER MODEL) IN ORIG. BOX $50
E027: HUGHES AND KETTNER RED BOX MARK ii CABINETULATOR G $60
E028: RADIO SHACK STEREO MIKE MIXER $40
E029: SAME AS ABOVE $40
E030: BOSS NS-2 NOISE SUPRESSOR IN ORIG. BOX $50
E031: DOD FX75 STEREO FLANGER $60