Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
282 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
251 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
244 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
205 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
139 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
139 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
125 days ago

dp: dude
106 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
61 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
45 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Pollo Del Mar Hype Machine

Goto Page: Previous 1 28 9 10 11 12

Ferenc, I totally agree with your assessment of Jeff Beck. He was both eccentric and eclectic in his approach and no one (period) will ever duplicate him. However, his music remains with us and more musicians should delight in the prospect of bringing bits of it to those of current generations who have never heard him before. Learning his lines can only improve one's guitar thought process for application to whichever genre you pursue.

Patrick

Pollo Del Mar opens for the Tikiyaki Orchestra on February 10 in Long Beach.

https://www-stellarshows-net.seatengine.com/shows/241700
The Tikiyaki Orchestra is the Big Kahuna of modern exotica bands.
Since 2007, the band has been on the scene, bringing the music of Tiki to the Retro/Cocktail/Tiki-loving masses.
On the band’s fifth release, “Tropika,” The Tikiyaki Orchestra continues the sonic exploration, exotic instrumentation, moods, and melodies that they are so well known for.
A band always known for a great aesthetic and merchandising, as well as their great sound, the combination of the amazing cover art by SHAG (the undisputed Big Kahuna of Retro/Tiki Art) and The Tikiyaki Orchestra’s signature sound, “Tropika” checks off all the boxes for what a modern Exotica record should and could be….The ultimate musical escape.
According to the Chinese zodiac, the Year of the Dragon comes once every 12 years. The dragon years of the last century were 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, and 2012. The next Year of the Dragon will be 2024. People born in any of these years are dragons.
People born in the year of the Dragon are often seen as confident, ambitious, and adventurous. They are also known to be passionate, strong-willed and have excellent leadership qualities. Dragons are the fifth animal sign in the Chinese zodiac and are associated with the Fire element, which is believed to symbolize energy, creativity, and transformation.
Come celebrate your inner dragon with the Tikiyaki Orchestra and special guests, the Bay Area’s Pollo Del Mar.
Look - Special room rate of $129 at Golden Sails Hotel. Call 562-594-0210 during business hours for this special rate
TICKETS HERE :
https://www-stellarshows-net.seatengine.com/shows/241700
Where: The beautiful Crystal Ballroom inside the Golden Sails Hotel in Long Beach
When: Saturday Feb. 10, 8 pm to 12

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

WOW! Two of the greatest bands of our current age! I wish I wasn't stuck here 1,500 miles away. Have a great time Ferenc with those Tikiyaki boys!

Patrick

Tomorrow night!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Another "oh wow" show! Hope you all have a great show.

Goto Page: Previous 1 28 9 10 11 12