Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
302 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
295 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
256 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
189 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
189 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
176 days ago

dp: dude
157 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
112 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
96 days ago

GDW: showman
47 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Fender Amp Field Guide back up and running

Page 1 of 1

I'm not sure who here used to visit the old Ampwares' Fender Amp Field Guide, but it went down earlier in the year. It looks like MojoTone bought the rights to the name and has updated the site. This has always been a great resource for me as I've learned how to work on amps. A lot of stuff that's discussed here relative to Fender amps, circuit specs, and common nomenclature (sorry...no brown face amps Wink ) are covered by the field guide. So, if you're not familiar with it, scope it out.

http://www.ampwares.com/

Thanks Tele-man. I too wondered what happened to that resource. I still rely heavily on Gerald Weber's and Apen Pittman's books, Uncle Spots info on Fender Transformers and of course the RCA tube manual.

ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

I like how they are making it a database driven site now instead of just flat pages. It would have been a fun project to do that.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Yep, great resource. I have been refering to it the last several months. Nice pictures too! Very Happy

Brian
I like how they are making it a database driven site now instead of just flat pages. It would have been a fun project to do that.

Like you need more work. Smile

Sonichris
I also like to think that all early 60's fender equipment is happy to be playing surf music again. After all, its the music it was meant to play.

You used to be able to send in your serial numbers and a description of your fender amp. and Greg Gagliano would add it to a database, and he would tell you some information about your amp, where it sits in the run, how common they are... etc. Ver cool!

THe NEpTuNeS

Page 1 of 1