SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

Number9: Two surfers are getting ready to paddle out. Surfer one: "Hey, guess what! I got a new longboard for my wife!" Surfer two: "Great trade!"
71 days ago

Clarry: I thought my wife was joking when she said she wanted to go to a Monkees concert in Switzerland, then I saw her face, now I'm in Geneva....
66 days ago

Clarry: I went to Fight Club last night. I was so excited I wasn't paying attention and missed the rules. Anyway, Fight Club is amazing and I'm going to tell all my friends!!
59 days ago

Clarry: Our neighbours knocked on our door at 2.30 this morning. Can you believe that? The inconsiderate bastards. 2.30am. Luckily I was still up playing my drums.
58 days ago

DonKiyote: Had some bubble wrap delivered today. They asked me where I wanted it and I said just pop it in the corner.
54 days ago

DonKiyote: The best time to meet a friend is at 12.59. That 1 to 1 time is invaluable.
53 days ago

da-ron: What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care
52 days ago

da-ron: Someone threw a bottle of Omega 3 pills at me!! Luckily my injuries were only super fish oil
34 days ago

remora1: A man tried to sell me a coffin today. I told him that's the last thing I need.
31 days ago

TheAmpFibian: I've got more problems than a math quiz
21 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 2006-2017

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SG101 Podcast »

Permalink Podcast Hosting News

Page 1 of 1

Currently, our podcast is hosted at http://surfguitar101.com.podcastspot.com.

Thanks to the generous donations of the users here, I can now host the podcast on our own server, and will no longer need to pay the folks at podcastspot.com.

Sometime in the next 2 weeks or so, the podcastspot.com location is going to go dead. But don't fear, the podcast is now located here:

http://surfguitar101.com/modules.php?name=Podcast

I am going to try to delete the current listing in iTunes for the podcast and get it re-pointed here. The RSS feed for the new location is this:

http://surfguitar101.com/modules/Podcast/feeds/feed.xml

Wow, it has almost been a year since we did that! A little birdie tells me another one is getting close to being finished.

If anyone would like to make a 600x600 pixel artwork for the podcast (or future ones) please let me know. Let's make it look sharp in iTunes. I could also use one of those cool RSS chiclet thingies that all the cool sites have. Thanks!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I repeat the request for a 600x600 pixel jpeg for iTunes artwork for the podcast. Thanks!!

I'm having a hell of a time trying to move the RSS feed for the SG101 podcast in iTunes. First iTunes refused to remove the old one, then they refused to add the new one, now they say they added the new one, but it doesn't show up in a search.

Mad

Still need artwork. Wink

This is why you should channel your source feed into a customizable feed using FeedBurner.com! That's what we do... and if a show's feed changes, I just change it on my account there and then you don't have to mess with iTunes or anyone else expecting them to delete and change or update your show. Just a tip! www.feedburner.com

Also, I've not found a better site for hosting podcasts (UNLIMITED space and file size and extremely large bandwidth since they're set up mainly for hosting video files - which can be HUGE compared to our podcasts) than Blip.tv - they're the best! Smile

Thanks for the tips Kopper!

Page 1 of 1