Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
331 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
259 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
259 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
179 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
157 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
126 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
119 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
80 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
13 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
13 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink New guitar - repair question

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

That Univox reminds me of my Gemtone. The pickups make it sound like a hollowbody. I really like mine, the neck and body are super comfortable.

[image](http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/6609/img1663sw8.th.jpg)

Thanks again for all the help. I passed the guitar off today to a friend who does guitar repair - hopefully he'll be able to take care of this. If not, I think the fatdawg idea just might be a good route. I have been looking at that site a lot lately, admiring all the cool and odd guitars he has. I bet he would have some parts for this one on hand.

BTW - I just listened to the SG101 podcast today when I ran to the bank - Danny, was that you that was interviewed? good interview and good podcast. I also downlowded a surf podcast last night from garagepunk.com, but haven't listened to it yet.

Have a great week, all! I'll report any news on the repair front!

drgangrene
Thanks again for all the help. I passed the guitar off today to a friend who does guitar repair - hopefully he'll be able to take care of this. If not, I think the fatdawg idea just might be a good route. I have been looking at that site a lot lately, admiring all the cool and odd guitars he has. I bet he would have some parts for this one on hand.

BTW - I just listened to the SG101 podcast today when I ran to the bank - Danny, was that you that was interviewed? good interview and good podcast. I also downlowded a surf podcast last night from garagepunk.com, but haven't listened to it yet.

Have a great week, all! I'll report any news on the repair front!

That's me - in all my NJ nasal glory Laughing

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

My guess is that the arm was not threaded and simply rusted in the tube. You could take the trem apart and take the collet assembly to a shop and have them simply press the broken part of the trem arm out. You may even be able to tap it out your self using a tall socket wrench socket to back it up on as you tap it out using a hammer and punch from the back side.

All else fails, send it to me and I'll chuck it in the lathe and bore the old broken off piece out.....ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

Man you guys are the best!

My friend had no luck removing the broken piece, so I want to try one more thing.

Ed, if that doesn't work I might just take you up on that offer!

Danny - I have meant to go check out the tomorrowmen myspace page - I'm writing myself a note to do so tonight.

Eldorado - that Gemtone is a beaut - love the pickguard. Very nice.

Thanks all!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2