Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
303 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
296 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
257 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
190 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
190 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
177 days ago

dp: dude
158 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
113 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
97 days ago

GDW: showman
48 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Recording Corner »

Permalink GarageBand to Logic

Page 1 of 1

I am aware of and will likely try the 90 day free trial of Logic Pro before long to see for myself, however, I am interested in hearing from folks who have used GarageBand for a bit and then switched to Logic / Logic Pro. It seems there are tremendous depths and capabilities that one could spend hours and days exploring and still barely scratch the surface.

What features exclusive to Logic/Logic Pro do you find yourself using often?

And what features exist in both but are just simply better in Logic - be that a DAW feature or the things like the amp/cab/mic featured and effects/'pedals'?

Thanks!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Hi Fady, I'm a big proponent of making the move up to Logic. I used GB on our first 90's surf covers comp and Logic on the 2nd. Logic will require some extra effort on your part just to understand what it has offer, but it will pay off very well for you. #1 is having access to a virtual mixing board to control the automation. #2 is the visual representations of all the plugins make it much easier to understand and control.

And if you plan to use canned drums, the features are amazing. But even better for me, the latest version has a stem splitter and I find it much easier to split a drum track off a similar song to one I want to write, saves so much time.

Danny Snyder

"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

Playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Formerly a guitarist in The TomorrowMen and Meshugga Beach Party

Latest surf project - Now That's What I Call SURF

Thanks Danny! I knew you were a fan of Logic, nice hearing some of the features/functions that do it for you. Thank you!

Anyone else make the jump, have any experiences or findings to share?

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Page 1 of 1