Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
296 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
289 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
250 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
184 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
184 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
170 days ago

dp: dude
151 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
106 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
90 days ago

GDW: showman
41 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

78%

78%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Music Reviews »

Permalink Little Kahuna – Summer by the Beach CD

Page 1 of 1

Little Kahuna – Summer by the Beach CD (Self-Released)

Little Kahuna’s first LP, a magnificent, self-titled 12-track affair was pressed on a stunning yellow vinyl (and CD) and released in 2021. The album was followed up with an 8-song CD EP, Lost Oasis, in 2023. Here in 2024, Little Kahuna presents their third offering in the form of a 9-song, 27-minute CD, Summer by the Beach, and it is the epitome of euphonious excellence!

As the title suggests, this is your soundtrack for a summer by the beach. A choice selection of stringed instruments, percussion and keys set the stage for a dreamy voyage along the shores of a crystal blue ocean. Tiki? Surf? Exotica? Adjectives aside, you can’t help but get swept away by these calm, cool sound waves. “Treasure Hunt” had me swaying in delight. I was envisioning a romantic, evening dance on the beach with my wife; the waves gently caressing the shore and the crackling flames of a bonfire.

Because your summer needs some excitement and adventure, the opener, “Tiki Pop,” “King Totem,” and the closer, “First Champion” pick up the pace. As the name implies, “Flying Coffin” is fast! The tune is reminiscent of their 2021 track, “Bond Girl,” and showcases they are not afraid to roll up their Hawaiian shirt sleeves and bring the heat. “3 Day Weekend” also dives into surfy waters with some impressive guitar picking.

If you are looking for a theme to your summer getaway, look no further than Little Kahuna. When the weather turns cold, and you are ready for an escape into your imagination, this CD will readily indulge your warm weather fantasies.

The CD’s beachside villa is a cardboard sleeve adorned with a unique painting depicting the album’s cool, summery vibes. Only 500 copies are available at https://littlekahunamusic.com or
https://littlekahunamusic.bandcamp.com

As reviewed in Colorado Instrumental Fanzine Issue 2

Matthew
Purchasae Colorado Instrumental Fanzine Issue 2

Colorado Instrumental Fanzine Instagram
Colorado Instrumental Fanzine FB Friends
Colorado Instrumental Fanzine FB Page
Email: Matthew_e_clark_6@hotmail.com

Matthew
Purchasae Colorado Instrumental Fanzine Issue 2

Colorado Instrumental Fanzine Instagram
Colorado Instrumental Fanzine FB Friends
Colorado Instrumental Fanzine FB Page
Email: Matthew_e_clark_6@hotmail.com

Thanks Matthew, we had a lot of fun recording Summer by the Beach and now we’re having equal amounts of fun playing the songs live. We play the first Saturday of the month at the famous Royal Hawaiian tiki lounge in Laguna Beach.

Craig Skelly

Little Kahuna
www.littlekahunamusic.com
The Breakaways
The Curl Riders

Page 1 of 1