Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
258 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
251 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
212 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
145 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
145 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
132 days ago

dp: dude
113 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
68 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
52 days ago

GDW: showman
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

64%

64%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Looky what I found this weekend.....

Page 1 of 1

Was at the Orlando Guitar Expo this weekend. Didn't really find any gear I was interested in, but while we were waiting in line to get, a dude is passing our flyers for a record show being held in the next building.

So after browsing around the guitar show we decided to go look at some records. Found these:

Way cool IMHO.

Also found up these:

Picked up 15 other LP of various vintage and genres. We ended up spending more time at the record show than the guitar show. Wifey was loving every minute of it....

D

I actually had the first Play Along With The Ventures album, back in the day.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Dehodgeh
Those Ventures albums were the beginning of my early, self-taught guitar lessons.
There were four of these "Play Along with the Ventures " albums. The 4th one had a picture of Don Wilson giving direction to a young student on the guitar. The Mosrite guitars featured in the albums were a nice bonus for me.
In addition, there were 2 other Play Along albums with Chet Atkins and Jimmy Bryant. I learned from them too and have kept them all.
Over the years the Ventures Play Along albums went to DVD with a book. The set shows up on EBAY and Reverb every so often.

Enjoy,
J Mo'

Last edited: Feb 04, 2024 08:00:19

JohnnyMosrite wrote:

Dehodgeh
Those Ventures albums were the beginning of my early, self-taught guitar lessons.
There were four of these "Play Along with the Ventures " albums. The 4th one had a picture of Don Wilson giving direction to a young student on the guitar. The Mosrite guitars featured in the albums were a nice bonus for me.
In addition, there were 2 other Play Along albums with Chet Atkins and Jimmy Bryant. I learned from them too and have kept them all.
Over the years the Ventures Play Along albums went to DVD with a book. The set shows up on EBAY and Reverb every so often.

Enjoy,
J Mo'

I had the Chet one too. I think that a lot of us got our start playing Ventures tunes.

Yes, and there was also a 'Play BASS Guitar with the Ventures" that had the late, great Bob Bogle on the cover. So, there were seven "Play with..." in the series in total. Collector that I am, I still have them all.
J Mo'

JohnnyMosrite wrote:

Yes, and there was also a 'Play BASS Guitar with the Ventures" that had the late, great Bob Bogle on the cover. So, there were seven "Play with..." in the series in total. Collector that I am, I still have them all.
J Mo'

I’d love to have that.

Synchro, two copies of "Play BASS" available here, https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4305442?ev=rb

Patrick

Padraig wrote:

Synchro, two copies of "Play BASS" available here, https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/4305442?ev=rb

Thanks. I’ll have a look.

We should probably also point out the cool score of "Surf Beat" which is a really solid listen from front to back. Excellent finds!

Last edited: Feb 04, 2024 20:53:46

Awesome score!!

--
Project: MAYHEM by Hypersonic Secret now available!

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Surfcat

From Atlantis with Love (EP) - Agent Octopus
Agent Octopus-Spotify
Christmas on the Beach (Single) - Agent Octopus

Angle of Attack (CD) - Reverb Galaxy
Ghost of Tom Returns (single) - Agent Octopus

Surf, the most dangerous of all musical genres...

Page 1 of 1