Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
258 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
251 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
212 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
145 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
145 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
132 days ago

dp: dude
113 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
68 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
52 days ago

GDW: showman
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

64%

64%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink My new Country EP (Well, this is The Shallow End)

Page 1 of 1

I know I've been going in some bizarre directions musically. (Although, I just noticed my French EP I released in February is currently #6 out of 33 in French Pop in Paris on Reverbnation ha-ha.)

My current project is writing Country music. I was fortunate to find a truly lovely sweet southern voice from a local young lady named Ashton Taylor. I've also had the pleasure of working with some exceptional area musician friends. Here is the bandcamp site if yall want to give a listen. AND, if you by chance have any contacts in Nashville ha-ha, please give a share. Thanks! Bill

Florida Dirt Fire EP

Shoot the Pier on Bandcamp
Shoot the Pier on Reverb Nation
Shoot The Pier on Facebook
We are on Instagram under "@shootthepiersurfband"

My Country EP ... Florida Dirt Fire
https://floridadirtfire.bandcamp.com/album/florida-dirt-fire

My French Love Songs ... I really needed a change...
www.lonelyrose.bandcamp.com

Last edited: Oct 06, 2023 20:16:43

Bill, I thought that was good. Trying everything has to be challenging. Smile

Thanks much wfo. It's interesting how most people who like music usually overly prefer a specific genre. Especially surf. Different wave forms appeal to people differently. This country/bluegrass/Americana wave form I'm playing in currently has been really fun and offers different challenges. Florida Dirt Fire EP

Also, so happy my Hallmark has stayed in the surf family.

Last edited: Oct 06, 2023 20:27:28

Well, you sold me … literally. That is some fine music, my friend. The arrangements are very tasteful, the songs are solid, it’s played well and the guitar solos aren’t over the top. It sounds like a real band, not just a forced collaboration. You can take pride in that EP.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

SurferBill wrote:

I know I've been going in some bizarre directions musically. (Although, I just noticed my French EP I released in February is currently #6 out of 33 in French Pop in Paris on Reverbnation ha-ha.)

My current project is writing Country music. I was fortunate to find a truly lovely sweet southern voice from a local young lady named Ashton Taylor. I've also had the pleasure of working with some exceptional area musician friends. Here is the bandcamp site if yall want to give a listen. AND, if you by chance have any contacts in Nashville ha-ha, please give a share. Thanks! Bill

Florida Dirt Fire EP

Yep, that sounds country. Everything sounds really good.

I know you didn’t ask for critiques. However, I will suggest that you try a higher musical key. The singers voice is strong, but she is dropping off on her low notes.

synchro wrote:

Well, you sold me … literally. That is some fine music, my friend. The arrangements are very tasteful, the songs are solid, it’s played well and the guitar solos aren’t over the top. It sounds like a real band, not just a forced collaboration. You can take pride in that EP.

Thanks much synchro! And Joelman... we've been trying to find her key haha. I appreciate this everyone. I'll get back to surf eventually. Love

Page 1 of 1