Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
298 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
292 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
253 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
186 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
186 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
172 days ago

dp: dude
153 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
108 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
92 days ago

GDW: showman
43 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Hello from Monmouth, OR!

Page 1 of 1

Hello, I am new around here and I just wanted to introduce myself. I have actually been a member since March, but I have never posted. Shame on me!

I love Surf music! Some of my fav's are The Bomboras, The Nebulas, and of course Dick Dale.

I actually play in a country band, but at home I turn the reverb to 11!

Hey welcome, I am from Salem, but am living in Maryland now. But, I am moving back to Oregon next year. I know a few people from Monmouth.

Hey, we're coming down to Oregon next month. Check out our tour dates on http://www.myspace.com/theverb

It would be great to see you out there. I always enjoy meeting forum members.

I am curious about your country band:
Alt-Cou?ntry, Country-Western, 70s country/Countrypolitan, modern/Frat Boy country, or is is modern and decent?

It's actually a mix of new and old country. We play a lot of our lead singer's material, mixed with everything from Charlie Daniels to Garth Brooks. I hope it's decent... Embarassed

The first one is my personal page...The song is a Southern Culture on the Skids cover. The others are band pages.
www.myspace.com/nolancrow
www.myspace.com/99west
www.joeshinkle.com

I don't really listen to most of that stuff, but it's fun to play. Plus, it's a gig...

The only thing we play that is even remotely surfy is "Runaway," which I sing and play the solo.

I would love to see you guys in Eugene. The Portland show is on my Mother's b-day... Rolling Eyes

Does your mom want to watch cute young well-mannered young men in suits on her birthday play surf rock? Then bring her out...

I think your tunes are definitely decent. I love good alt-country, and classic country but I abhor a lot modern country which is just as bad as gangster rap music.

Runaway is an awesome song.

I really dig all of your Teles. So awesome. And you are a youngster like us, totally awesome.

Thanks, I appreciate that! I hope to stick around, as this seems like a great place.

Welcome to sg101 fellow oregonian Very Happy

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

Welcome RumorsofsurF.
I like your avatar. The strap on my Strat has the same picture of Rat Fink.
It's an official Ed Roth strap.
Again, Welcome!!

Joel

Welcome aboard! Cool pictures of your gear. Thanks for posting
them.

Cheers

Bob

Bob

Page 1 of 1