Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
272 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
265 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
226 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
159 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
159 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
145 days ago

dp: dude
127 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
82 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
66 days ago

GDW: showman
17 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Sad Fender IV News

Page 1 of 1

This just in from Randy Holden: Jac Ttanna, aka Joe Kooken, the original rhythm guitarist for the Fender IV (later Sons of Adam) passed away peacefully last night at age 81. He was the guy who put the skank and ska into "Little Oly" (mis-identified on the early records as "Malibu Run"), and was a key cog in the Fender IV juggernaut. Randy has high praise for his old bandmate, "an interesting guy. I always enjoyed his company. He had a good heart, and will be missed."

I got to play bass behind Randy and Jac at the epic SG101 reunion. He was a great guy, full of stories. He remembered all the songs, and really held the set together. Another 6-stringer down. Sad

Last edited: Aug 22, 2022 21:08:50

R.I.P.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I feel very lucky to have been in the audience at the epic SG101 reunion. Jac was obviously very happy to be up there playing, it was great to see. Everyone owes Matt big time for making that reunion happen!

R.I.P. Jac.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I think I just re-posted what Randy wrote last August. I'm so sorry. I met Jac Ttanna (Joe) and Mike and Randy when they first came out to California in the dark ages. All the guys were incredible, but I spent a lot of time with Jac. He was special in a way very few artists are. I was away when he died, and just heard (January 2023). If anyone knows what happened, please let me know. The last Jac and I talked, he seemed fine, although it's been months. Randy, Mike, all of you have my love.

Page 1 of 1