Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
298 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
292 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
253 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
186 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
186 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
172 days ago

dp: dude
153 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
108 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
92 days ago

GDW: showman
43 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Intro from Tacoma, WA

Page 1 of 1

Hey guys,

I've been posting a little bit here, but I thought I'd introduce myself a bit here. I'm J.D., I live near Tacoma (well, nearer to Tacoma that Seattle), I own an AVRI jag in sunburst, a RI reverb unit with a 6k6 on the way, and a 74 Twin.

I had a few surf bands back like 10 years ago but sort of quit playing surf when the scene died down in Utah. I couldn't find anyone to play with at all, and no one knew what the hell I was talking about when I mentioned I play surf guitar. "Is that like the Beach Boys or something?"

Now I've been able to get the proper surf guitar gear so I'm trying to start it up again. I'm glad to have found this place. I just used to go to the surf guitar webring sites and surf around, but I didn't ever find a forum. I guess yahoo had a group or something, but I didn't really use it. It's nice to finally chat with people with the same love of surf music I have.

I also have a few Triumph motorcycles- not sure if you guys are into that or not. There's nothing better than riding a fast Triumph Bonneville while listening to Slacktone.

You guys seem really nice and helpful, and I appreciate all the help and tips you guys openly give on here. Rock and Roll!

As they say.. better late, than hit by a truck.

Welcome to SG101, JD!!

hey since I'm the first here I get to us the welcome to SG101! smiley. woo hoo!!

Joel

Yup. that's the proper gear.

You should do alright.

Freshwater Surfin'

The Murray Basin
Australia

Hey JD,
Been great having you here -- and it was even better meeting face-to-face last weekend.

Hope you stick around for a long time...

~B~

Agree Yeah what Bill said Exclamation

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

Thank guys, it's nice to meet people that are into the same shite that you are. In the 90s my wife was a dancer in a cool Cramps style band, and we had a great circle of friends in ska and mod bands and even a few surf bands. I'm talkin about Utah in like 94-97. It was just a really fun scene. Then all my friends sort of got back into indie and stuff and left me playing my jaguar all alone. I kinda felt like no one cared anymore about surf or underground garage sort of music like that. I sold off the jag and a univox mosrite copy that I had and came up here like 5 years ago and didn't know there were people even into the surf thing anymore. Then I find you guys and with myspace you see that there are a ton of people who actually like it, which is encouraging.

Page 1 of 1