Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Slacktone live show, Long Beach Ca. Sun. Feb. 20th 2-5 pm , (new date)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next

This Sunday, still 2-5,
There was a promo video saying it was at 8,
Not true.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I bought my ticket!

-John

"...enjoy every sandwich." -Warren Zevon

Fender Stratocaster American Pro II
Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

Slacktone
-considered by many to be the world's greatest surf band
-considered by many with valuable, respected opinions to be the world's greatest surf band
-an undeniable force of extraordinary technical ability, precision, power, energy, and emotion
-composers of some of the most memorable and forward-thinking originals of the modern era of surf guitar music
-exceptional and creative interpreters of some of the first wave's classic tunes
-a genuine masterclass in individual and group performance, with particular emphasis on how to excel as a trio
-magicians that conjure total ear candy--tone for days and beyond
-3 extremely experienced professional musicians at the top of their game in a very intimate setting playing 3 SETS!
-a band that foreign fans the world over would give anything to be able to see in person

Yes, there are a million and one other things on which you could choose to spend your time on a Sunday afternoon in February, but if you are really such a big fan of surf music, there is no question where you should be.

The surf guitar community loves to talk and talk and talk and expound their vast knowledge about everything under the sun, especially from behind a computer. But here's a genuine 100% real opportunity to put your support and interest where your mouth is-- show up, share your enthusiasm with other fanatics, encourage a working band, learn from the best and let your action of actually showing up mean something!!!!

Into surf---PROVE IT!!!!!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Having had several religious experiences seeing Slacktone in various venues, parties, campfires, states and even once on a different continent I can 100% agree with JonPaul. Every opportunity to experience Slacktone is a potential life changing event. I love the music, but love the people who make it even more! Every time I see a gig posted I try to figure out how I could possible be there.

I will be there in spirit.

JONPAUL wrote:

Slacktone
-considered by many to be the world's greatest surf band
-considered by many with valuable, respected opinions to be the world's greatest surf band
-an undeniable force of extraordinary technical ability, precision, power, energy, and emotion
-composers of some of the most memorable and forward-thinking originals of the modern era of surf guitar music
-exceptional and creative interpreters of some of the first wave's classic tunes
-a genuine masterclass in individual and group performance, with particular emphasis on how to excel as a trio
-magicians that conjure total ear candy--tone for days and beyond
-3 extremely experienced professional musicians at the top of their game in a very intimate setting playing 3 SETS!
-a band that foreign fans the world over would give anything to be able to see in person

Yes, there are a million and one other things on which you could choose to spend your time on a Sunday afternoon in February, but if you are really such a big fan of surf music, there is no question where you should be.

The surf guitar community loves to talk and talk and talk and expound their vast knowledge about everything under the sun, especially from behind a computer. But here's a genuine 100% real opportunity to put your support and interest where your mouth is-- show up, share your enthusiasm with other fanatics, encourage a working band, learn from the best and let your action of actually showing up mean something!!!!

Into surf---PROVE IT!!!!!

When they started, they were going to be called Slack Jaw, but there was already a blues band with that name. This is a show that will prove why they were going to go with that first name.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Their playing is jawdropping indeed.
Though I already saw them a dozen of times, I would love to see them again very very soon.
Personal favorites: Lift and seperate and Tidal Wave.

They should come over once the situation is more or less back to normal again.

Cheers,
Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

Been to more Slacktone shows than any other, since about 1999 (I think). My jaw hit the floor the first gig and I've been trying to find it ever since Big Grin

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Andy, Dusty said they are doing a festival over that way this summer.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

My first Slacktone show was in 1997 in the Go Boy Records parking lot in Redondo Beach. Mind blowing performance! I've seen many Slacktone shows since then, and continue to be blown away.

Thanks, Jeff, I 'll definitely check it out!
Cheers, Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

I guess it is about the Sjock Festival in July, but they're not confirmed yet on their websites.. When they are, I'm definitely going!
Cheers, Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

Andy,
The event website, or Slacktone website?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hey Jeff, both.
But I believe you when they say they'll come over.
Cheers, Andy

www.LosVenturas.be

Best to ask dusty

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Picture taken before the show

^^^^^
Kool!

During the show My first time seeing Slacktone. What a powerful sound.

-John

"...enjoy every sandwich." -Warren Zevon

Fender Stratocaster American Pro II
Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

The show was awesome! It was a packed house. One of the best Slacktone shows that i've seen. 3 sets, then an encore. No other bands, just pure Slacktone heaven. Dusty played several drum solos, amazing energy and feel. It was a small space so no need for mics/PA for the drums, a treat to hear in this close setting. And I was so lucky to be seated right in front of Dave Wronski, who's playing was spectacular, as always. It was cool how he played a different colored sparkle Jaguar for each set, starting out with his new burgundy sparkle, then moving to his iconic coke bottle green sparkle Jaguar, then finally his turquoise sparkle Jaguar. Man, what sound he has, amazing dynamics, it's like seeing two guitarists!!

I went with Dave F, it was my first time visiting the Secret Island in Long Beach, cool venue, underground, as I entered into the heavily tiki themed club i felt like was entering a different world. I'm looking forward to the next time they play there. And it was great to meet fellow SG101er RobbieReverb, and talk to JONPAUL, and bigtikidude, and see some familiar faces. Wonderful day.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2022 22:39:03

What an epic, once-in-a-million show! It's 4 am, and I just got back from L.A. I'm gonna crash, and post my reflections on this show and the Wave Electric-Pollo Del Mar show at the Barkley on Sat. night, as well. It was great meeting you David, and seeing so many long-time friends, familiar faces, and newly made friends. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz Zzzzz

Bob

Yer an animal Bob!
major respect.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next