Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
248 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
248 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
168 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Help with Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue Noise

Page 1 of 1

This is a new '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue. I've been playing it daily for the past three months. It's been a great amp with a lot of clean headroom, and also very quiet when idle. But in the past two weeks, it has increasingly been making these loud shimmering sounds as well as producing static, even when a guitar is unplugged and volume is at zero. It seems to get worse when I increase the reverb beyond 3.

Edit: I bought a replacement GT12AT7. Since the noise was emanating from the reverb portion of the circuit, I thought I'd start by replacing the preamp tube in V3, the Reverb Driver, with a new GT 12AT7. The static and the shimmery oscillating sounds are gone and the reverb seems to be more responsive. Hopefully, that solved the problem.

-John

"...enjoy every sandwich." -Warren Zevon

Fender Stratocaster American Pro II
Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021 11:51:53

hi,mine has another kinda noise,it scratch sometimes even with no instrument plugged in and when I switch it off sometimes I hear a big bang,gonna go to the techinc?

rocknroll wrote:

hi,mine has another kinda noise,it scratch sometimes even with no instrument plugged in and when I switch it off sometimes I hear a big bang,gonna go to the techinc?

I was fortunate that mine only needed a new reverb driver tube in V3. I used to get a loud pop when I switched it off, but I found if I lower the volume first, then switch to off, I get no pop sound.

-John

Bitter experience with a ‘68 Custom Deluxe Reverb would lead me to suggest replacing the reverb cables. The OEM cables in my ‘68 CDR were the absolute best cables that 2 cents could buy; absolute junk. I had contemplated taking a chainsaw to it and posting the video, just to embarrass FMIC, but a local amp tech played a hunch and wiggled the reverb cables, which duplicated the noise perfectly. The amp has been perfect ever since and I put the chainsaw back on the shelf. Smile

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 14:16:56

Hi Synchro,

Thanks for the tip on replacing the stock RCA cables.

-John

I hope that does the trick.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Page 1 of 1