Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Jimmy Dale with Dusty n Sam, Nor cal show

Page 1 of 1

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Bump,
Outside, daytime

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'll be there! It's a really nice setup the Ivy and Fireside have going there.

No Springs, the premiere lo-fi bedroom one-man surf band!

I was hoping some bands could get another gig sat night, or Sunday afternoon. Would make it more worth driving up.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jimmy Dale was good! His image is way different from his dad (think baseball cap and medium-length black beard ) but his delivery of Dick tunes was fine. His tone ,despite the gold guitar and single Fender Showman setup was not quite as feral and 'hitting -on-all-frequencies' as his dad's , but he got all the tunes right and, in his own fashion, artfully added a lot of the use of ringing harmonics in his note selection. And he was funny !After the first verse of 'Shake and Stomp', he stopped the band and mock-berated the audience "Hey ! That's where YOU all have to shout 'Shakes and Stomp'! Here's the riff(plays riff)! Now YOU all go'Shake and Stomp'! , which the audience gleefully did. When he brought up ex-Deltone Ron Eglit to play bass on one song, he told bassist
Sam Bolle, '"OK, get outta here!" ,which sounds harsh on paper but was delivered with love and good humor. AND needless to say, long -time Dick Dale rhythm section of Sam and ace drummer Dusty Watson were thunderously powerful, precise, and, well, overall AWESOME of course! Dusty currently sports an untamed beard and long hair, you might kick him off your doorstep if you didn't know who he was, but, hey, this Covid hiatus has been tough on all of us, we'll see how long he keeps 'the fashion' ! The last song, of course was an amazing rendition of 'Misirlou' played in all sorts of riff variations. Looking forward to more Jimmy gigs !!!

Thanks for the report Dave!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

This weekend

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

This weekend

Rain or shine! The forecast calls for Reverb!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021 23:27:01

Great shoe today, good turn out!
I’ll post pics later

Jeff(bigtikidude)