Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink 10 year old surf guitarist gigging with daddy on stage

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

Thanks Conrad!!! Interesting and rich re-arrangement of the song you have there Wink I agree with you, with your kind of re-arrangement, me playing the bass for her plus using the BB for drums should do sound like a full band. Mina is preparing a few other girls to play the bass for her too. So with her play the lead, than a bass player, than me and the beatbuddy, we are all set.

I asked her again why she played on 7th. She said it was me who taught her. I don't remember...but you are right, the frets are a bit closer. She used to play with 24 fret guitars too but later on, she told me since many surf guitar players use a Strat, Jag or a Mosrite, she wants to use those too. We like the Jag, but the lower E string is always getting out of place. It is a pain. It sounds great though and my luthier should be able to get a new type of saddle soon to resolve the problem.

Thanks for sharing the video and the tips!!!

Squid wrote:

PangPang wrote:

I just found out it's your own original music! Wow! Very impressive!!!

Ray Wink

Thanks, Ray, and thanks also for your thoughtful comments on Youtube. They mean a lot to me.

Because you played "Journey to the Stars" you may find useful this rearrangement for 3-piece band of guitar, bass and drums: https://youtu.be/SyVt3VcABXU

These days the live performance version of my band The Insanitizers is guitar, bass guitar and Beat Buddy. You can get the same full band sound if you accompany your daughter on bass. You can use a Roland or Boss digital multi-effects device to get good bass guitar emulation with regular electric guitar.

A possible reason for your daughter to play high on the neck is the frets are closer together. She might enjoy playing a 24" scale strat type guitar, I've seen some offered for $100 or less new.

I'm just trying to be helpful.

Best wishes,
Conrad

We have been working on that!!! Little kids love do that but it's not too easy to do those steps for me. It is not difficult for her for some reason.... I think we know why ;p Am glad u like the clip. Wink

martinblasick wrote:

If you two had a couple of synchronized steps that would be a real element of "showbiz" that would be super catchy on a song or two. So fun seeing the dad/daughter combo. Go cats go!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2