Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink New Guitar, Seüf Jazzmaster!

Page 1 of 1

Took delivery on this custom job at the end of last month, 2020 Seüf Old Hand.
Traditional stylings but with a number of tweaks to the original design that make it more usable. I've gigged with it a few times now and it's off the hook!

Beautiful guitar with a Mastery!

I've never seen a zero fret placed behind the nut before. Unless I'm mistaken don't they normally go in front?

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Zero fret? I think you may be seeing a glare on the finish!
Yes, the Mastery stuff is great. My first experience with their vibrato.

I suppose it was a glare!
I have an eye for detail

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 10:22:02

Or not? Laughing No Zero fret on this fella!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 10:08:49

Wow. Beautiful JM! I love that pickguard. It really pops against the black finish. In addition to the the Mastery bridge and vibrato, what other custom features does it have? How did you find out about Suef Guitars? I found their facebook page, but not much else about them.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Thanks SF! It's a real player, for sure. Features include the following: Spitfire tortoise guard, Mastery bridge and vibrato, flatter fretboard radius, tweaked electronic values and pickups winds, a pitched neck pocket for a better string angle over the bridge, and a huge honking' early 50's profile neck. Low plasticizer nitro lacquer with very thin clear and black coats over shoreline gold so it's going to wear super cool.

Seüf Guitars first came on my radar on Instagram a few years ago. Last November they were in town attending a workshop at Dan Erlewine's here in town. I spent a fair amount of time talking to them about guitar design and they had some really great ideas that made perfect sense to me, so at the beginning of 2020 they started work on this guy.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 12:43:10

Wow, again! Great features. I've never even thought about planning the paint undercoat to account for future wear. I thought you just wound up with wood. Very cool idea. Sounds like plan to keep this for the long haul and let it "relic" naturally. Good show! Congratulations!

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Looks great - I especially love the headstock shape with a bit of a hook. It gives it a different spin on the Fender shape without being awkward or contrived (which is how most variants end up looking to me).

Thanks, Ed! I agree, it's different enough but doesn't draw attention to the eye.

All the good stuff. I just checked them out. Looks like you can order through Mass Street music (among others?)

Seuf guitar 101 Smile

Congrats!

Yes sir, really great stuff!
The best way is to contact them through Facebook or Instagram. These days they only build to order.

If you are seriously looking for advice on affordable drums (and not spamming us with an ad for the best online drum lessons), then you should be posting in a drum-specific web site. If you want advice about what drums (affordable or expensive) that go well with instrumental surf music, then you can post your question as a new topic in this forum. This site is dedicate to guitar playing, but I'm sure there are people here who know a lot about the drums used by various bands (and I wouldn't mind learning about that myself).

Sorry gang, this one slipped by us. The spammer is gone now.

edwardsand wrote:

If you are seriously looking for advice on affordable drums (and not spamming us with an ad for the best online drum lessons), then you should be posting in a drum-specific web site. If you want advice about what drums (affordable or expensive) that go well with instrumental surf music, then you can post your question as a new topic in this forum. This site is dedicate to guitar playing, but I'm sure there are people here who know a lot about the drums used by various bands (and I wouldn't mind learning about that myself).

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Thanks for the info on these over at Instagram. If you approve, they must be great. I've sacrificed my Fender Custom Shop Jazzmaster to the gods of auction to get one. Can't wait.

Page 1 of 1