Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
330 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
258 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
258 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
178 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
156 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
125 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
118 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
79 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
12 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
12 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Site Users

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

The scar from the first surgery I had was much worst. But it looked better because the surgeon was amazing. Sewed it up instead of stapling. That guy sewed after a 9 hour surgery whereas this guy stapled to save time after a 1 hour surgery. Hmmmm....

I'll kick all your guy's asses in show me your scar. You don't want to see my orchiectomy scar, and I can show you a port-a-cath I had under my skin for a year.

Whoa. Jake, man, you're a strong one. Keep up the good fight! And thanks for the plug(?) Very Happy
Seriously, I hope this kind of stuff is completely behind you soon and you're rockin' on stage where you belong.
Ted

http://www.satanspilgrims.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Satans-Pilgrims/8210228553
https://satanspilgrims.bandcamp.com/
http://www.surfyindustries.com

JakeDobner
What exactly is a pendleton?

Well, among other things, it's a very nice blanket, suitable for giving as a prestige gift in Native American circles. Wool, I think.

I really wish I got the whole pilgrims text in the photo. Actually, I really wish I had a 'Verb shit with me.

Thanks for the well wished everybody. They honestly help. This surgery isn't as bad as my last one but my hospital care wasn't as good so it is hurting more. My first surgery was on the #1 hospital in the nation and this one was in the 13th best in the nation(or so they claim on a banner). I haven't heard anything official.

And I'm probably not done with all this stuff. I have a wonky organ that may have to be replaced called the Thymus. And I have two lumps under my chin I am watching.

Damn, Jake, that's like something out of a Lucio Fulci movie--best wishes on a full recovery. Though I must admit, your scar looks a lot better than that random dude in the Eddie Vedder pic.

JakeDobner
Actually, I really wish I had a 'Verb shit with me.

Best. Typo. Ever.

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

Ha. I didn't notice that. I'm making a ton of typos because my laptop is in a really weird position because I can't lift or move it.

JakeDobner
I wish I was fully fixed... When this heals I will be.

Whoa, that's an ugly sucker! I had a milder manner one, and retain a scar to prove it, for a perforated ulcer. They stapled me up, too. I don't remember being asked at the time whether I prefered thread, staples or duct tape.

At the time I was grateful, of course, because I had been dying, but now I wonder, as no doubt you will wonder later too, why they never make those cuts straight. Or maybe you don't have any tendencies to OCD at all?

At least they let me stay in the hospital until all the hardware was removed (except the staples and tape). Did they make you sign for the tube? Which reminds me, isn't that feeding tube down your throat a trip? A couple days wanting to clear your throat or swallow and not being able to, and having to talk like you are swallowing a snake and the interior end is still digesting, and you begin to get a bit antsy. It feels really great when they pull it out, though. Like suddenly all your problems are solved. I remember seeing a hideous jacket of mucous sloughing off the thing as they bore it away. I was so thrilled it was gone I didn't even care.

By the way, no thanks on the orchidectomy scar. I may have suffered a spontaneous one just running across first picture.

So I take it this is not a proposed new shirt design?

I never had a feeding tube. For two of my hospital stays I wasn't allowed food. Those totaled to 22 days. I did have an NG tube for two days which goes down the nose and into the stomach. I accidently ripped that out on night when I thought I was dreaming but I wasn't. Those nurses were so great and nice to me... Anyways she tried to put it back in but it didn't go. So essentially this huge tube get driven into my nose but that airways is swollen and closed so we had to do the other nose.

I had a big ulcer as a result of a tumor the size of a large grapefruit in my chest. It put a hole in my intestines. The tumor was inbetwen my aorta and inferior vena cava(a very bad place). Luckily chemo shrunk it to the size of a grape and then the removed it with a bunch of other tumors.

I didn't have to sign for the tubes. They gave me the option of staying or going home. I chose home.

Damn Jake. that looks like it hurts! Shocked

Joel

ok time to change the subject, i'm gonna hurl here. Puke

seriously though, get well man, I can't handle anymore hospital stories
from you.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

But I have so many more. Perhaps the scarring in my lungs from the chemo?

Anyways, changing the subject is what I do best.

Who here is excited for the new Harry Potter book? Who's seen the movie?

JakeDobner

I can't wait!!!! I saw the movie on Friday, and re-read book six between Sunday night and Tuesday morning. I refuse to see ANY press coverage on it, and hope to be finished with the book in its entirety within about 24 hours.

~B~

I'll be finished with the book in about 10 hours.

I'm going to re-read the sixth today and tomorrow.

I was shocked at how much I'd forgotten out of book six. Damn fine book.

~B~

Dude...hang in there.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

JakeDobner
But I have so many more. Perhaps the scarring in my lungs from the chemo?

I've never read any of those books, but I've seen all the movies (except this most recent one). Usually I'm one who has to read the book before seeing the movie version, but I do make exceptions.

The books seem to receive really great feedback from literally everyone who reads them, though. I assume you guys would recommend them?

They made books out of those movies?

drummer-Lava Rats

Brian
Dude...hang in there.

Thanks, I do think Bill and I will be able to make it until Saturday when the new Harry Potter book comes out. Thanks for thinking about us though.

Jon, to answer your question, yes. Read them. They eclipse the movies as far as I'm concerned. I was really skeptical back in the day, pulling that whole "I am getting a degree in Literature, I can't read grade-school books." Then a friend convinced me to read the first book, and I immediately went out and bought all the rest. I've now been to three (four if you count this coming week) midnight book release parties, standing around my local Borders like a dork from 9 pm until whenever, just so I can get my copy read ASAP.

~B~

Jon, my story is the same as Bill's. I'm very snobbish when it comes to what I read as I am a history major. I denounced the Harry Potter books as childrens books. Then I bought the first book and then I proceeded to read the next 6 in 5 days.

Right now I'm rereading the books for the second time in a month. It is all I do or care about.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next