Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
326 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
173 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
152 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
120 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
8 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
8 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink "Who put the Bomp!" magazine issues online (incl. John Blair articles)

Page 1 of 1

(Since it will probably not get much notice in the Tony Hilder thread, and since it is an early source on the history of surf music, this deserves its own topic.)

Several (maybe all) issues of "Who put the Bomp!" are available at the Internet Archive. Nr. 14 includes several articles and discographies concerning surf music (co-)written by John Blair:
https://archive.org/details/Bomp14Fall1975/

There may be more on surf music in the other issues, I haven't gotten round to look through them.

As far as I know this magazine was published by the same people, who ran Bomp Records, the label which published the early records of Jon & the Nightriders. Notice that these articles are from the mid seventies, foreshadowing the second wave of surf music by several years!

Interestingly enough, some of the articles were also translated into German and published in a paperback book compiled from various issues. (I bought a cheap used copy one or two years ago and can look up the bibliographic information if anybody is interested. But I'm pretty sure it was published here in the early 80s.)

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Thanks for the heads up!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Thanks a lot for the informations.
Not to forget the many records Greg Shaw had released on his own label.
At the end of May I met old some friends from California in the city of ROME (where they started a 10 days sea cruise on the Meditarranean Sea which will end tomorrow in Venice).
We talked about Rodney Bingenheimer and I remembered that I have a
picture cover of him showing fotos with him.
Little G.T.O. b/w Holocaust On Sunset Blvd.

Page 1 of 1