SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Shoutbox

Emilien03: https://www....
205 days ago

Tqi: Oy, Fender, Orange. One of you, make a 20W starved-plate valve bass amp. Like an Origin 20 with a big OT.
156 days ago

Remora: New member here saying hello
121 days ago

Clint: Ever try to explain “surf music” to friends? A Day at the Beach Podcast #150 can do this for you. It explains how it got started and ends with today’s modern bands and much more. Please share with those unaware… https://www....
112 days ago

synchro: Hello Remora.
101 days ago

dragonfly: Dick Dale was my best friend and my rock. I loved him unconditionally and he will be greatly missed. R.I.P. dear one you deserve it.
63 days ago

TheAmpFibian: People are always shocked to find out how bad of an electrician I am.
53 days ago

dragonfly: Pic of the day HBSM Jam 2012 was during my tenure. OMG do I miss those days but nowadays I couldn't handle it. No
36 days ago

dragonfly: Pic of the day OMG how I loved The Torquays and miss them very much. Yes
19 days ago

simoncoil: FWIW my guess for the ending of GoT was a surprising "Invasion fo the Dragonmen" (Hey-ho, hey-ho ...)
2 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

39%

39%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Musician »

Permalink The Seatopians in the studio... finally!!!

Page 1 of 1

Tracking is complete for The Seatopians’ debut LP. We ended up with 11 songs (10 originals and a cover). We are super lucky to have a great studio and an incredible engineer right here in our backyard! Jason of the The Tonic Room is a pleasure to work with!!

Here are a couple shots of the process:

Our plan is to have this out by mid July. We will be doing a west coast mini tour in support of its release in late July early August! More details to come...

-John

The Seatopians 2017-
The Seatopians on Altered State of Reverb
The Seatopians on bandcamp
The Seatopians on Facebook

giant robot Richard 1999-2002
grR on Bandcamp
grR on Facebook

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019 09:42:08

Cool

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Nice! Did you all track at the same time??

-Pierre
The Obsidians! (Ottawa surf)

Thanks guys!

Yup, we tracked them all live onto 2” tape. I’m no session player so there were some edits. We were all pretty beat by the end of the primary tracking day (12 hrs)!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

grR on Bandcamp
grR on Facebook

Man that's a nice backyard ….looks like a pro studio alright

This is going to be great guys!

https://www.instagram.com/altered_state_of_reverb/

Ok... we’re still rolling along on this. Our final mix session was tonight and everyone left feeling pretty good about what we have. I feel we have struck a nice balance of recording quality and energy, but time will tell.

We’re still shooting for a mid July release followed by a small west coat tour. On that note, if anyone has any suggestions or is looking for a band northern or central CA in late July (29,30, or 31st) please let me know!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

grR on Bandcamp
grR on Facebook

Page 1 of 1