Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Southern Surf StompFest! 9/21/19 Atlanta, GA (flyer added 7/22)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

Very nice Surf Stomp write-up...The SurfAces get a mention!!! Thanks!

Very sad that The SurfAces cant attend this...we have 2 "Private Event" gigs that weekend.

Can I have everything louder than everything else!

https://thesurfaces1.bandcamp.com/releases

CrazyAces wrote:

I am SO bummed I cannot make this, AGAIN!
This looks to be the best year yet.

Have a great time everyone and please share photos/video if you would.

Cheers,
Jeff

Hi Jeff, I so sorry you are not going to make it, again. But you will be here in spirit. I'll think of you every time I think about that sweet Eastwood Jeff Senn Model One they have in the raffle. So cool! Hoping to see (and maybe hear? hint, hint) you next year.

Hi Boss_Daddy_Meltdown, Bummer. I was really hoping to meet another local SG101 regular and surf musician. I would love to see the SurfAces next year, or sooner if the opportunity comes up.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

Hoppin' on a plane in a couple hours. Stoked! Looking forward to seeing everybody, and meeting some SG101 members that I haven't yet met.

Bob

Hi Bob, Looking forward to meeting you. Safe travels.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
SSS Agent #777

Hey Atlanta, wanna check out Surfy Industries pedals in person? We will be at the Southern Surf Stomp on September 21st and you can take the SurfyBear Reverb, SurfyTrem, and SurfyVibe pedals for a spin. If you want one, you can purchase at the Stomp save on shipping!

http://www.satanspilgrims.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Satans-Pilgrims/8210228553
https://satanspilgrims.bandcamp.com/
http://www.surfyindustries.com

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019 13:31:51

spskins wrote:

Hey Atlanta, wanna check out Surfy Industries pedals in person? We will be at the Southern Surf Stomp on September 21st and you can take the SurfyBear Reverb, SurfyTrem, and SurfyVibe pedals for a spin. If you want one, you can purchase at the Stomp save on shipping!

Serious question!
We??? Ted Pilgrim or Satan's Pilgrim's have a sponsorship deal or ownership stake in Surfy Industries?

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Fast, Ted is the North American distributor for Surfy Industries.

Hey, so stoked to see everyone this weekend. Thanks for sharing the love!

The Squares - 1995-2002
The Mystery Men? - 2012-
MOONBASE - 2012-2017
The KBK - 2017-2022
The Frigidaires 2021-
Southern Surf Stomp!

Ah! Didn't realize that. Thanks for clarifying, Chad!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Can't wait to see everyone again and meet some new friends!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

was great to see so many people again. thanks chad and all for putting this on again.

www.surfintheeye.com

mom_surfing wrote:

was great to see so many people again. thanks chad and all for putting this on again.

Indeed. Totally awesome weekend. I'll write a bit later, but it was the best yet. I know a lot of us got some pictures.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

Still here in Atlanta,
Going to do a little sight seeing, record stores etc,
Oh and Vortex burger. The 2 shows were awesome. Great to meet so many new people, and see old friends again.
Thank you to Chad and his wife for the southern hospitality.
And to Jamie and his lady for the great party at their place yesterday.
Will surely be back again some time.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019 08:27:23

Jeff,
Be sure and check out Wax n Facts.

My wife and I enjoyed the show Friday night and part of the fest on Saturday. It was great to see the Mystery Men, The Surge, The Intoxicators, Insect Surfers and Surfer Joe. I was able to pick up a few cd's, Would have loved to have seen the rest of the show but Atlanta is a busy place this time of year.

Thanks Chad and the Southern Surf Syndicate, I'm looking forward to the next event.

Jimbo

SilverFlash wrote:

CrazyAces wrote:

I am SO bummed I cannot make this, AGAIN!
This looks to be the best year yet.

Have a great time everyone and please share photos/video if you would.

Cheers,
Jeff

Hi Jeff, I so sorry you are not going to make it, again. But you will be here in spirit. I'll think of you every time I think about that sweet Eastwood Jeff Senn Model One they have in the raffle. So cool! Hoping to see (and maybe hear? hint, hint) you next year.

I guess this is the definition of irony, but I won the raffle for the Senn Model One. To say that I was (and still am) excited and happy beyond belief would be an understatement. I will try to get some videos from the StompFest uploaded soon, but I couldn't stop playing it yesterday. So sweet!

The 2019 StompFest was the largest and best yet. I arrived before noon and for the first time almost couldn't find a parking spot in my usual location. Thank goodness Surf_Skater, my annual SurfFest buddy, arrived before I did and was able to find us a shady spot to camp between performances. (Mike, it is always great to hang with you at the Fest! See you next year.)

It was great seeing so many SG101 regulars at the show. In addition to the SurfFest regulars, Chad Shivers, Richard, Mad Scientist (Jamie), and Eddie Katcher, it was great meeting in person Brian Neal, BTD Jeff Hanson, Aqualadius (Jeremy DeHart), RobbieReverb, Gellert (The Fintastics), and spskins (Ted Pilgrim/Miller), insectsurfer (Dave Arnson), Surfer Joe (lorenzo Valdambrini), and seeing again, Don't Fear the Reverb Bass (Don Schott), JonPaul Balak and, of course, Ivan Pongracic. That's enough name dropping for now, and I'm sorry if I have forgotten anyone, but it was wonderful to see all of you.

Chad, thanks again for another terrific StompFest! And when I thank you, please know that I extend that to all the rest of the merry crew that makes it happen.

And now it's time to take another look at the Senn Model One (thank you Eastwood guitars and Jeff.)

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
SSS Agent #777

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019 12:47:23

Big thanks to Chad and his army of helpers and sponsors who put on this amazing event. I had so much fun last weekend! It was great meeting new friends and seeing old ones that I haven't talked to in a few years. (Hi Carol!) I'll try to post some pics and videos.

When can we do it again?

Congrats to SilverFlash on the very cool raffle win!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian wrote:

Big thanks to Chad and his army of helpers and sponsors who put on this amazing event. I had so much fun last weekend! It was great meeting new friends and seeing old ones that I haven't talked to in a few years. (Hi Carol!) I'll try to post some pics and videos.

When can we do it again?

Congrats to SilverFlash on the very cool raffle win!

I'm just so thrilled that you made it! It was the best of the best StompFests, but to be fair... they are all that way! This thing just keeps growing and... well, I think it's safe to say that more and more people are getting the message! Thanks to all that came and and to all that participated!

Just an incredible weekend from beginning to end!

Tonight.... I SLEEEEEP!!!!

Just got home from Atlanta, and I'm thrashed. Had a great time at the Trader Vic's pre-show bash, and at the amazing main event. Great to see so many old friends, and meeting so many new ones. Phenomenal bands from start to finish. Terrific vendors and venues. Thanks to Chad and his helpers for their efforts in making this event happen. I had a blast and hope to do this again (and again...) Congrats to Tim (Silverflash) for winning the Eastwood Senn guitar raffle! It was great to have met you, Tim! I'm sure that I'm forgetting a ton of people and details, for which I apologize. I gotta crash. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Bob

I found these videos, is this the same show?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019 09:07:56

Hi Surfing_Sam, Yes it is. I am slowly getting some of my 2019 Southern Surf StompFest videos on YouTube. Here are a couple more: The Mystery Men? and Insect Surfers.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
SSS Agent #777

Here is some more music from the 2019 StompFest.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
SSS Agent #777

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 Next