Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Brazilian Tsunami Box Set

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

We start 2019 announcing one of the most ambitious Brazilian surf music releases. Reverb Brasil Records and Orleone Records join forces to release Brazilian Tsunami, a three CD box set with 63 Brazilian surf bands.

Brazilian surf scene was always known for its activity and creativity, with a lot of bands from all over the country and different interpretations of the style, with influences that go from Brazilian music to metal, punk, latin and new wave, but never missing the main point of surf music: fun music to dance to.

The digital release is set to take place on January 21st, but from today on we'll release three tracks every day on our Bandcamp page. The box set will be released in early February and we'll soon start taking pre-orders. We'll also have release parties all across the country in February.

Check the artwork by the amazing artist Henrique San.

Last edited: Jan 02, 2019 09:10:53

BRAVO!
image Groovy

mj
bent playing for benter results
Do not attempt to adjust your TV set.
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-VI-Explorers-Club-179437279151035/
https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Planet-Shamen-366987463657230/

Cool

The first 3 tracks available are Cheira Carimbó, by Gasolines, Sasha Stomp, by Footstep surf music band and Fugindo desesperadamente do helicóptero malvado na densa selva sombria e úmida e com muitos perigos, by Capitão Parafina e os Haoles.

Gasolines, from São Paulo, has been active for 25 years. They have used music from all around the globe in their records and it is natural that we use Cheira Carimbó as their track on Brazilian Tsunami.

Footstep, from Campinas, has been active since 2008 and is heavily influenced by trad surf music. Their live appearences are always full of energy.

Capitão Parafina e os Haoles come from Salvador and has been active since 2002 and mix surf music and brazilian pop rock. Here we an amazing big band stomper.

This wednesday we will have three more tracks available. Check these tracks and come back tomorrow!

Last edited: Jan 02, 2019 09:11:56

montereyjack66 wrote:

BRAVO!
image Groovy

Thanks! We are really excited by it. We put a lot of work puting it together and I can't wait to put my hands on it!

Very cool! Congrats

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

Very cool! Congrats

Thanks, Jeff.

3 more tracks up today: Ode à Rainha Diaba, by Beermudas; Space Station, by Ted Boys Marinos; and Babababa, by Gabriel Thomaz Trio.

Beermudas define themselves as "Surf brega axé rock tropical progressivo e psicodélico".

Ted Boys Marinos is a trio with 2 former members of Os Ostras, one of the main bands from the surf revival in the 90's in Brazil. They had their first CD released in 2018 by Otitis Media Records.

Gabriel Thomaz Trio is the instrumental project by the leader of Autoramas. They play the instros he wrote for Autoramas as well as some originals, like Babababa. It has some vocals, but if it has no lyrics, its an instrumental track.

Last edited: Jan 02, 2019 09:12:50

These bands are all active, right? Just about everything I recognized I remember hearing something recently. That's really awesome.

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

I'm looking forward to this.

ElMonstroPorFavor wrote:

These bands are all active, right? Just about everything I recognized I remember hearing something recently. That's really awesome.

Almost all bands are active or at least were active very recently. Of course there are different degrees of activity. There are bands that tour internationaly, bands that play giga once a year and bands that only record their stuff.

Tofay’s new tracks are Siberia, by Reverba Trio; Sangue de Androide, by Sangue de Androide; and Transilvânia, by PROA.

Reverba Trio was formed in 2007 in Porto Alegre by guitar player Julio Cascaes (Jupiter Maçã, Hipnóticos, Nenung). Influenced by trad surf, soul snd world music, their songs have been featured in a number of short films.

Sangue de Androide, from São Paulo, combines a classic rockabilly line up (guitar, stand up bass and drums) with some retrofuturistic ideas. Samples, 3D glasses and weird guitar effects are present in their live appearences and tbeir first self titled cd.

PROA, from Belo Horizonte, mix their instrumental surf music with polka, circus music, punk rock and eastern european music. They define themselves as “getaway and circus music”.

Last edited: Jan 03, 2019 13:58:20

This is a great service Mocoto, thanks so much for doing it! Cheers

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Wow, that's HUGE! Good work, and I hope it helps make the surf music scene even bigger in Brazil.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Been listening as they drop. BRAVO!

mj
bent playing for benter results
Do not attempt to adjust your TV set.
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-VI-Explorers-Club-179437279151035/
https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Planet-Shamen-366987463657230/

Cool

6 more tracks (3 for yesterday, 3 for today):

The Last Ride to El Dorado, by Quentin Brothers; Maracaípe, by Os Aquamans; Skapeta, by Surinames; Onde está Wally?, by Os Gatunos; Raulis CWB, by Comanches; and A Vingança de Frank, by Reverendo Frankenstein.

Quentin Brothers mix surf music, spagethi western and coutry music. They have home made instruments and dress like western movie characters. It's also the band of Henrique San, the guy behing the artwork of Brazilian Tsunami.

Os Aquamans met in high school and started playing surf music in 2014. Fresh blood in Brazilian surf scene!

Surinames is a side project by the guitarrist and drummer from Beermudas and here they make a trash mix of ska and surf music.

Os Gatunos are from Brasilia and play what they call Tropical Surf Music. Loads of influences of lambada, guitarrada, cumbias and trad surf.

Comanches is a band that has brothers and a father together playing a very trad oriented surf music.

Reverendo Frankenstein is a psychobilly band whose guitar player is a very active member of brazilian surf scene. Danny Amis made an appearence on their first CD.

DannySnyder wrote:

This is a great service Mocoto, thanks so much for doing it! Cheers

Thank you, Danny. It was a lot work, but very fun work to do.

PolloGuitar wrote:

Wow, that's HUGE! Good work, and I hope it helps make the surf music scene even bigger in Brazil.

Thank you, Ferenc. The main idea is to make the scene stronger. Soon we will start with the releases parties and it will be something huge as well.

montereyjack66 wrote:

Been listening as they drop. BRAVO!

Thank you, MJ. It is a lot of great music and listenig 3 by day helps to pay more atention to the individual tracks.

Jonpaul played 5 tracks on his show yesterday, some really great stuff there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Three more tracks up today: Chicken Haole, by The Raulis; Duelo Surf, by Hitchcocks; and Regeneration of Reptilicus, by Robotron.

The Raulis comes from Recife with influences of latin and moder surf music. Their Surf Cumbia puts the audiences on fire!

Hitchcocks come from São Paulo and mix post punk, psychobilly, garage and surf.

Robotron comes from Bergen, Norway. It's the project of Brazilian guitar player Bjorn Hovland (Go!, A Grande Trepada, Carbona). Their first EP was recorded in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and has Bacalhau (Autoramas) on the drums.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next