Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
331 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
259 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
259 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
179 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
157 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
126 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
119 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
80 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
13 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
13 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Latest gear you bought?

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next

I just got a cool vintage VOX treble/bass booster. Sounds quite unique and especially the trebles can get pretty far out.

http://www.voxshowroom.com/us/misc/treboost.html

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

I just got a '66 Super Reverb.

Next up I'm looking at an old hollowbody Harmony or Silvertone. On the cheap though.

Eastwood Sidejack Deluxe in Greenburst

The Exotics 1994-Current
The Chickenshack - www.wmse.org
www.thedoghouseflowers.com
www.uptownsavages.com

One well used, highly mod-ed, rusted-up 60-something Bandmaster--looks like someone tried to convert it to Showman specs with a master volume drilled right through the "Band"--has 4 power tubes and OT's from a "Twin."
But it sounds great! Everyone should have a beater amp, right?

I call it Mr. Ugly:

Bought a pair of Emminence Black Powder speakers for my BF Pro Reverb. Not bad for the bucks. Replace the original blue label Fenders which had been reconed but were'nt quite the same after that,

2012-2013: FILTHY POLAROIDS

JakeDobner
Next up I'm looking at an old hollowbody Harmony or Silvertone. On the cheap though.

Hey Jake, my first "real" guitar was a Harmony H76, bought from the guy across the street, probably around 1975, along with a '50s amp for around $85 bucks. my parents balked at the original $100 price because they were sure I "wasn't going to stick with it". Showed them I guess Guitar

That is an awesome first guitar. I love the pickups on the old harmonys.

Brand New Fender FM212R Amp. It's 100w thru 2 12's. The clean channel is great, but the 2nd channel isn't so hot. Guess that's why they make FX pedals.

Also brand new a G&L Legacy Strat. (G&L - George & Leo), I had to (FIX) it from the way it came. Adjust the Tremolo so it doesnt hit the pickup switch, remove the volume knob, (we all know why), and sand down frets that were catching the E string. It's got some serious mids that build the louder you play, and the highs will pierce and peel paint, kinda like the Fender Powerhouse Deluxe, but there are no active boosts in this guitar.
Once I adjusted my FX, I have come up with a beautiful sound.

The Mighty Surf Lords- Sparks,Nv.
"Praise The Lords"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHTDYfy0xM8
www.myspace.com/themightysurflords
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mightysurflords

Just got myself an old Fender Champ lap steel. Funny, I've had the thing for three days and I still can't play like Junior Brown.

I recently got a Dipinto Galaxie IV and a Boss fuzz pedal.

Last thing I got was a nearly new Fender SuperSonic in pepper. I had been looking at those for a while and the price was right- $800 and it is in PERFECT shape.

I just bought a BYOC MKII tonebender

(and a Tele)

DaneBrammage_
Just got myself an old Fender Champ lap steel. Funny, I've had the thing for three days and I still can't play like Junior Brown.

I have a Supro lap steel and I can't sound like Jr either. Thinking about sawing a Squire Strat in half and gluing it to the side see if that helps.

2012-2013: FILTHY POLAROIDS

This just in from Rick at Vintage Sound Amps --- all new components, hand-wired. It's essentially a new 65 BF Twin in a head. The cabs are finger-jointed pine by JD Newel, loaded with Weber California ceramic speakers. This is one loud, clean monster.

My most recent amp is a pawn shop prize I scored last month, a 65 Showman. I just got it back from the tech. He had to completely rebuild it. The previous owner had boogie-ized it with a Master Volume by using the Tremolo controls after removing the tremolo circuit. I had him put the trem back and rebuild the whole amp to the original specs. It came out real nice. He did a fantastic job and restored it to that classic tone. Even after the rebuild I came in at under $490.

My newest guitar is a 1989 Strat in Charcoal Mist I scored off of Craigslist. I love this color.

There is Surf east of Sepulveda.

OK, I'll be an amp re-posting geek like our pal Ivan. Anyway, I found this FrankenAmp at a local vintage store a few months ago. It is a Larry Rodgers Vibrolux cabinet that had a '65 Bandmaster chassis and a pair of CTS alnicos that looked like they had been under water, but the darn thing sounded pretty awesome - loud and clean and much better than a RI Vibrolux Reverb I had back in the mid-90's. Then I scored a really clean '67 Dual Showman head from my pal Eddie Katcher who had a couple of extra ones laying around. Hmmmm...the blackface Showman and Bandmaster have the same size chassis...so I did some swapping, and the Dual Showman chassis found it's way into the Vibrolux cab, along with some shiny new Weber California ceramic 10's and a full set of new EH high gain tubes. Holy cow, this is the screamin'est combo I've ever had, including a ex- Dual Professional and the 100W Custom Vibrasonic that I still have. It has been christened..."The Dual Showbaby"!

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007 14:15:28

Hey Woody, the doctor will let me travel after August 1st so I want to hear this bad boy when I get down there!! It looks awesome!!

Ron (ToneBoy)
The Mariners (1964 to Present) www.myspace.com/themarinersfirstwave
Lonzo & Oscar (1999 to Present) www.lonzoandoscar.net
www.myspace.com/lonzoandoscarcomedy
Billy Henson & Summerstorm (2001 to Present)

I just ordered a Dano Pro reissue in royal blue. This is one cool looking guitar I think and hopefully it also has that right cheap tone of its looks!

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

I finally broke down & bought a new Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue amp last week. I LOVE it!!! My neighbors DON'T love it.

Klas
imageI just ordered a Dano Pro reissue in royal blue. This is one cool looking guitar I think and hopefully it also has that right cheap tone of its looks!

Joe, from our band recently got one of these and has been playing it in his other band, The Ugly Beats. It looks and sounds great.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 5 Next