Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink SWELL OF DWELL - Now available on CD

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

Sounds great, Lorenzo!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

The album is available for pre-orders on CDBaby starting June 1st.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

Lorenzo Valdambrini / Surfer Joe
Swell of Dwell

It's hard to imagine that a more authentic traditional surf album than "Swell of Dwell" could be made. The care, love and attention to details is thorough on the new album from Lorenzo Valdambrini aka Surfer Joe aka the international surf music ambassador. It's true that many sweat the details, but they almost always forget the essentials- great songs. All the most authentic equipment won't get you far without songs, and Lorenzo gifts us another batch of his gems.

Out front, the lead voice is the lead guitar, with a warm tone, not a barbaric icepick brain freeze. Behind that, a deep, throaty rhythm guitar dripping. There's the understated bass, mixed appropriately behind the guitars, always in the pocket, but shying away from the spotlight. And the drums, never flashy, but strict with the tempo. The drums are mixed further back, in the old style, allowing you to hear all the subtleties of the guitars.

Now reckon that Lorenzo played all the instruments himself and you get a sense of an octopus with it's eight arms on the instruments, but with one brain and focus. Consider that the right hand that plays the syncopated patterns on the ride cymbal is the same one holding the pick, matching the patterns note for note. Now that's tight!

And the songs- it's hard to be simple and original, because all the simple songs have already been written. Lorenzo's songs retain the innocence and freshness of a teenage genius writing for his first garage band. I hear only one explicit reference (the Tequila riff at the head of "Pipelines"), the rest of the material seems new and fresh, like the masters were just discovered in a vault at Capitol Records. A few thousand years in the future, when the difference between 1963 and 2018 will be just a page turn in a history book, "Swell of Dwell" will easily be heralded as one of the best albums of the surf music era.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

PolloGuitar wrote:

Lorenzo Valdambrini / Surfer Joe
Swell of Dwell

It's hard to imagine that a more authentic traditional surf album than "Swell of Dwell" could be made. The care, love and attention to details is thorough on the new album from Lorenzo Valdambrini aka Surfer Joe aka the international surf music ambassador. It's true that many sweat the details, but they almost always forget the essentials- great songs. All the most authentic equipment won't get you far without songs, and Lorenzo gifts us another batch of his gems.

Out front, the lead voice is the lead guitar, with a warm tone, not a barbaric icepick brain freeze. Behind that, a deep, throaty rhythm guitar dripping. There's the understated bass, mixed appropriately behind the guitars, always in the pocket, but shying away from the spotlight. And the drums, never flashy, but strict with the tempo. The drums are mixed further back, in the old style, allowing you to hear all the subtleties of the guitars.

Now reckon that Lorenzo played all the instruments himself and you get a sense of an octopus with it's eight arms on the instruments, but with one brain and focus. Consider that the right hand that plays the syncopated patterns on the ride cymbal is the same one holding the pick, matching the patterns note for note. Now that's tight!

And the songs- it's hard to be simple and original, because all the simple songs have already been written. Lorenzo's songs retain the innocence and freshness of a teenage genius writing for his first garage band. I hear only one explicit reference (the Tequila riff at the head of "Pipelines"), the rest of the material seems new and fresh, like the masters were just discovered in a vault at Capitol Records. A few thousand years in the future, when the difference between 1963 and 2018 will be just a page turn in a history book, "Swell of Dwell" will easily be heralded as one of the best albums of the surf music era.

Thanks for the kind words and having post this review on the forum!

(www.surfmusic.net)

Looking forward to seeing you at Sandrini's in Bakersfield and Alpine Village!

Important note:

as promised SWELL OF DWELL will be here by June 15th and it will be available for sale on:

+++ ALL digital platforms (CDBaby, iTunes, Amazon, Spotify, Deezer, etc...)

+++ 12" vinyl at Dionysus Records mail order (www.dionysusrecords.com), Surfer Joe online store (www.surferjoestore.com) and very soon MANY record stores in US, Europe and Japan --> please contact Dionysus Record for further information about wholesale and reselling

+++ CD will come a little later as planned, probably September

You will be able to BUY YOUR COPY at the Surfer Joe Summer Festival!

(www.surfmusic.net)

I just posted a review of the album here: https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/30974/

Great job, Lorenzo!!! Love it!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

It's available from today the CD too!

Check on www.surfmusic.net/store to buy it now

(www.surfmusic.net)