Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink The real Man or Astro-man

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Most folk here like Man or Astro-man, but who here has had a real close encounter with a UFO?

Sadly Reading isn't a hot spot for such things.

My parents and I saw a UFO the other weekend. I think it was an Osprey but my parents think it was some sort of Hawk. Way too big to be a hawk. I thought maybe a Stellar Seagull or something like that. But alas, it remains a Unidentified Flying Object.

One of the most interesting and overlooked UFO cases within distance of Reading UK is Wing Commander Stan J. Hubbard's encounter with a flying Saucer in the autumn of 1950. link here... Stan later moved to the east coast of the USA and recently passed away, his family still continue to support his claim. My friend's family also saw similar crafts in the same year while sunbathing along the banks of the river Thames, not far from Reading.

All the UFO sightings are supposed to be along or near the 37th parallel.

Squink Out!

JObeast wrote:

All the UFO sightings are supposed to be along or near the 37th parallel.

Isn't that the latitude where most meteorite fall and probably where satellites are in clear view.

Like this- Ubehebe crater in Death Valley, due east of Santa Cruz (I didn’t know Death Valley extended so far north).

Squink Out!

This certainly isn't an original idea, but ever notice how UFO appearances and accounts have plummeted with the rise of cell phone cameras?

crumble wrote:

One of the most interesting and overlooked UFO cases within distance of Reading UK is Wing Commander Stan J. Hubbard's encounter with a flying Saucer in the autumn of 1950.

Shame I wasn't around for that!

I've recently been watching shows called Hangar 1 and Alien Files Unsealed (both on Blaze), plenty of sightings from the last few years on that.

MadScientist wrote:

This certainly isn't an original idea, but ever notice how UFO appearances and accounts have plummeted with the rise of cell phone cameras?

Same with Bigfoot/Yeti/Sasquatch sightings.
Hmmm

JObeast wrote:

Like this- Ubehebe crater in Death Valley, due east of Santa Cruz (I didn’t know Death Valley extended so far north).

actually Ubehebe crater in Death Valley is a volcanic crater.
Not a meteor crater.
I've never seen a UFO, but I know a guy across the valley from me that takes photos of them all the time.
He shows the photos to me sometimes.
But.
The photos always just look like clouds to me though.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017 22:24:59

Draygore wrote:

crumble wrote:

One of the most interesting and overlooked UFO cases within distance of Reading UK is Wing Commander Stan J. Hubbard's encounter with a flying Saucer in the autumn of 1950.

Shame I wasn't around for that!

I've recently been watching shows called Hangar 1 and Alien Files Unsealed (both on Blaze), plenty of sightings from the last few years on that.

I can confirm cigar shaped flying objects exist, I spotted one in 1985 flying well under radar, matt black, wingless, reasonably fast and silent. But it's behaviour in the cross wind would surely mean it was man made, it was struggling. Later when the internet blossomed I found myself looking through UFO videos as they were the only source of flying cigar info. I wouldn't ridicule you for watching Unsealed or whatever, some are informative most are entertaining and ridiculously funny why not! Having lived near Farnborough since 1963, a place of experimental research and development, unearthly noises and bizarre happenings. Such as one night in 1967 that turned to daylight.. Our home was griped with a strong resonance which caused the kitchen crockery to dance on the shelves, it sounded like a huge diesel engine on tick-over. Not mentioned in the local newspaper, no seismic activity recorded. Or the day my friend was chased stark naked from his home by ball lightening!

Yup, If Stan said he saw flying saucers at Farnborough Aerodrome I can quite believe it! lol

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017 08:22:19

I've never seen a UFO but I saw Michael Schenker once. Smile

Either you surf, or you fight.

imafunkyman wrote:

Rimshot

Abovetopsecret.com used to be a great place for UFO stuff and cool conspiracy theories (NWO, Majestic 12, MK Ultra, etc). However, since 9/11 it's degenerated into an "everything bad that happens is a government false flag operation" site. Not saying that our government isn't shady, it is, but it's too inept to be even remotely capable of 90% of the crap it gets acused of.

But there is still some forums dedicated to Area 51 and Aliens, if any of you would like more exposure to such topics.

Speaking of...

We need more UFO & conspiracy theory themed surf bands! I know of MoAM and The Illuminoids. The new Out of Limits album has a song about reptoids (with a nice intro segue by David Icke himself, if I'm not mistaken). What other surf bands are into (or make reference to) conspiracy theories and UFOs?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017 15:07:13

josheboy wrote:

What other surf bands are into (or make reference to) conspiracy theories and UFOs?

The Taikonauts ! https://thetaikonauts.bandcamp.com/

My band also has one song about Highway 375 near Area 51 : https://blackballbandits.bandcamp.com/album/confrontation-on-the-extraterrestrial-highway

Yannick

Lead Guitar in Blackball Bandits : https://blackballbandits.bandcamp.com/
Solo project : https://thechollasurf.bandcamp.com/releases

MadScientist wrote:

imafunkyman wrote:

Rimshot

I never saw Michael Schenker but I saw Ravi Shankar once. I think he was a space alien from an advanced civilization.
My nephew, who plays guitar in bands doesn’t believe in outer space. He must subscribe to the Zoroastrian idea that the firmament is solid metallic crystal.
I used to play in a band that was tentatively called Gods from Outer Space. We definitely need more bands with literary conceits. Personally I like the whole Carcosa mythos. Dripping with decadence and infinite weirdness.

Squink Out!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017 22:41:16

S.M Stirling's Change series was losing steam (imo) so he Brian Jacques'ed it by describing every meal in detail. And bringing in Carcosa, Pallid Mask, and The King In Yellow.

And this is somehow a different evil than the one everyone's been fighting.

But if you started a band called The Yellow Kings, I doubt many would get the reference.

I’ve read all the Emberverse novels of Stirling I know of, leaving off with the advent of Norks with their Jiu Chae version of evil. Where does Chambers’ version of bad enter the story? Did I miss the latest?

I myself will reserve the title of Yellow King of Surf, the Repairer of Reputstions. Don’t you forget it!

Squink Out!

Latest is The Sea Peoples published this year in 2017. Still in hardcover, and I haven't read it. It'll probably have the same split/dual storyline, with the Prince out in the Pacific in one line, and stuff in Oregon in the other.

Next previous is Prince of Outcasts published last year in 2016. That's the one that begins just after getting back from the desert. Loses the second in line of Montival who discovers Carcosa in the South Pacific.

Before that is The Desert And the Blade from 2015. Where they recover Kusanagi from the Mojave and meet Jews and people from Mendocino.

And before that The Golden Princess in 2014, where the Empress of Japan shows up. And a couple of kings die.

CUT gets defeated in The Given Sacrifice just before those. Looks like the North Koreans are the eastern branch of the CUT evil, while Carcosa is something different from that.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017 15:19:18

josheboy wrote:

What other surf bands are into (or make reference to) conspiracy theories and UFOs?

The Revomatics' "We Come in Peace" was themed pretty much that way. Pete (bassist) is member Tikinaut here.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next