Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
96 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Two Surfrajettes playing in Norm's Vintage Guitars video!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

They sounded very cool for off the cuff playing best line more Reverb!!!!

If they play, everybody better get their butts here for SG101,
I don't want people saying, oh man, I wish I can't go, or I want them to play in my city/state/backyard.

BTD just nailed every heavy metal show complaint around North East Ohio like it was a super power.

Is that a new Jaguar model Shermy is playing?

AMAZING! Cool

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

Terrific! I love their enthusiasm. I'm always happy to see young people getting involved playing music, and the same goes for women breaking down traditional male barriers. It's not like women are locked-out of surf, but it certainly is a male dominated genre. It's great to see these young women playing, and obviously enjoying, playing surf. I hope they respond to Jeff's invitation, and play the Convention.

Bob

Moderators note: I'm rebooting this thread. I'm not mad any more. I had several conversations with those who participated in the meltdown yesterday, including a very lengthy exchange with one. I now understand their point of view even if I don't agree with it. If I open this up again, please understand for some reason threads like this are like an open barrel of gasoline. So I suggest not lighting any matches, and if you post something remember this is the internet: so dumb memes, obscure and short "jokes" will likely be misunderstood. Remember not everyone here is from the same country, culture, or speaks English natively. Please don't be in attack mode. Attempt to understand first. Treat other forum members with courtesy and respect by default. Thanks.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I like the video! One of my favorite parts is Norm's reaction to all of it. He seems shocked/impressed by it, which is very funny to me. I suppose surf music isn't the standard fare at his shop. He also seems impressed that "girls can play guitars." Which is a little sad.

I like the two guitars interplay with each other. I can tell that Nicole (the one playing the Danelectro) has listened to the Duo-Tones version of Mr Moto more than a few times. She plays very similar lines. I like the idea of "not sure what surf music is? Let's start from the beginning."

I first saw The Surfrajettes on Facebook last year, probably right about the time they started. They have some fun photos/videos in a very mid-mod room, and they dress extremely 60's chic in both photo shoots and performances, which is fun. They play some cool, not normally surf covers too. I wonder who the creative force is behind it? I wonder how hard it was to find 3 other people in Toronto, let alone women, who wanted to dress up and play the songs?

We talk about surf band shtick, from masks/beards/horror all the way to Hawaiian shirts. Go-Go outfits and very traditional presentation is a good one too.

Great job Surfrajettes!

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Two young people playing surf on a youtube vid that's approaching 200k views. Why in the heck did this thread get weird? The internet is so tiresome lately...

Anyways, congrats to the Surfrajettes for the exposure. Hopefully Norm's will showcase more surf to go along with their great vintage guitars.

Hey Sonichris,

Toronto does have a pretty good surf scene with several bands that seem pretty active. Mark Malibu and the Wasagas, The High Tides, The Blue Demons, The Gnarly Ones, C and C Surf Factory,Shadowy Men, and others. The Great Lakes Surf Battle happens every year featuring 10 or so bands from the area. It is nice that the Surfragettes are part of this scene (there is always strength in numbers for a scene). Maybe the will head out to Halifax someday.

Halifax, in comparison has us (USK), and the Green Reflectors. Very small scene indeed.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017 13:27:46

revmike wrote:

Hey Sonichris,

Toronto does have a pretty good surf scene with several bands that seem pretty active. Mark Malibu and the Wasagas, The High Tides, The Blue Demons, The Gnarly Ones, C and C Surf Factory,Shadowy Men, and others. The Great Lakes Surf Battle happens every year featuring 10 or so bands from the area. It is nice that the Surfragettes are part of this scene (there is always strength in numbers for a scene). Maybe the will head out to Halifax someday.

Halifax, in comparison has us (USK), and the Green Reflectors. Very small scene indeed.

Rev

I wasn't bagging on the scene, I hope you didn't take it that way. I forgot about the great lakes surf battle. Toronto is a larger city than I think it is. I always think it's about like Denver, but in reality, it's much much larger. about 3 times bigger. so, we have about the same number of surf bands per capita. And finding people to play with here is a challenge. Or maybe it's just finding people that want to play with me. Confused

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

Sonichris wrote:

revmike wrote:

Hey Sonichris,

Rev

I wasn't bagging on the scene, I hope you didn't take it that way. I forgot about the great lakes surf battle. Toronto is a larger city than I think it is. I always think it's about like Denver, but in reality, it's much much larger. about 3 times bigger. so, we have about the same number of surf bands per capita. And finding people to play with here is a challenge. Or maybe it's just finding people that want to play with me. Confused

Not at all. I just figured you may not be aware of the Toronto scene so I thought I'd help fill it in for you. No worries at all.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Sorry Guys, they can't do SG101 this year, maybe 2018.
Go see them in Toronto, or at the Asbury Park Surf Music Festival.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks for trying Jeff. Perhaps they can make it here in the winter. I heard a rumour that it gets cool in Canada.

Happy Sunsets!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017 23:23:49

Goto Page: Previous 1 2