SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

Number9: Two surfers are getting ready to paddle out. Surfer one: "Hey, guess what! I got a new longboard for my wife!" Surfer two: "Great trade!"
67 days ago

Clarry: I thought my wife was joking when she said she wanted to go to a Monkees concert in Switzerland, then I saw her face, now I'm in Geneva....
62 days ago

Clarry: I went to Fight Club last night. I was so excited I wasn't paying attention and missed the rules. Anyway, Fight Club is amazing and I'm going to tell all my friends!!
55 days ago

Clarry: Our neighbours knocked on our door at 2.30 this morning. Can you believe that? The inconsiderate bastards. 2.30am. Luckily I was still up playing my drums.
55 days ago

DonKiyote: Had some bubble wrap delivered today. They asked me where I wanted it and I said just pop it in the corner.
50 days ago

DonKiyote: The best time to meet a friend is at 12.59. That 1 to 1 time is invaluable.
49 days ago

da-ron: What's the difference between ignorance and apathy? I don't know and I don't care
48 days ago

da-ron: Someone threw a bottle of Omega 3 pills at me!! Luckily my injuries were only super fish oil
30 days ago

remora1: A man tried to sell me a coffin today. I told him that's the last thing I need.
28 days ago

TheAmpFibian: I've got more problems than a math quiz
17 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 2006-2017

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink FS in the DFW Area of TX: Fender AVRI Thin Skin 62 Reissue Jazzmaster, Burgundy Mist

Page 1 of 1

I have it listed on Craigslist in the DFW area in case any of you that might be interested are located in or about the area.

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/msg/6051136209.html

I am pretty scared of shipping a guitar, but if somebody really wanted it on here I could discuss terms on paypal payment and the cost and trouble of shipping it. I would really prefer local pickup but that might be a fantasy.

I bought this new in 2008 from Wildwood Guitars...here is how it was described on the web site when it was sold new:

Featuring lightweight bodies, a "Thin Skin" nitrocellulose lacquer finish (just like the Custom Shop does it), and 6105 fret wire, these instruments have all the vintage look and feel you've come to expect from Fender's American Vintage Series, plus the singing sustain and chime you get with taller, wider fret wire and a nitro finish. The new "Thin Skins" are arriving as you are reading this!! We are very excited to bring you these new Limited Edition models and colors.

My guitars info from the site when I got it:

Burgundy Mist LE00***, 8.28 lbs, Alder Body, Maple "C" Shape Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard, 21 Dunlop 6105 Frets, 9.5" Fingerboard Radius, Fender/Gotoh Vintage Style Tuning Machines, 2 Special Design American Vintage Jazzmaster Single-Coil Pickups (Neck & Bridge), "Lead" Circuit: Volume, Tone, "Rhythm" Circuit: Volume, Tone, Circuit Selector Switch, Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle, Vintage Style "Floating" Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button, Chrome Hardware, 3-Ply Mint Green Pickguard, 25.5" Scale Length, 1.650" Nut Width, Includes Deluxe Brown Hardshell Case.

The case is in good shape, I don't have any of the stuff that came with it anymore.

It has a few "buckle" rash marks on the back that I really could not capture on film...none broke through the paint. Hard to see them at all.

No trades.

Firm on the price of $1900.

www.kingvoodoo.blogspot.com

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017 16:35:37

$1900 is a price one can get on these guitars. But you need better photos, and definitely won't be selling on craigslist local only at that price. Sadly, SG101 is not a great place to sell guitars.

In a living room with sunlight, or even outside go and get some great photos. Use this as a guide: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1961-Fender-Jazzmaster-Vintage-Electric-Guitar-Pre-CBS-Offset-Blonde-w-ohsc-/162435884024?hash=item25d1eee3f8:g:0aEAAOSwuLZYzNhW

That with a good description will get you top dollar. Post on ebay and post on Reverb.com

Thanks for the advice. I will be following it.

www.kingvoodoo.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1