Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Classic Surf Top 101 & Surf Revival Top 101 RERUNS this week!

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

This topic was automatically created to discuss the news story John Blair to present the Classic Surf Top 101 on North Sea Surf Radio.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016 18:14:08

Can't wait to hear this.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I would appreciate when all members of this comunity would buy the books by John Blair and Stepen McParland.
These men have collected so much material over the past 40 years and published in magazins and books.
When I was at the SJSF in 2014 and 2015 I was surprised that the books weren´t selling well except John´s then new book "Images of America, Southern California Surf Music."
I know postage rates are very high from one continent to the other these weeks but imagine how much money you would have to pay to buy those old records not to speak to find printed matters.
I wonder about John`s commentary on the songs and artists.
I HAVE ENOUGH COFFEE TO MAKE ME STAY AWAKE for the whole show, hopefully.
And I am very eager to learn about the tunes that made it into the top 101. Having thousands of songs on record and cds (not as mp3 files as many other collectors nowadays have) however I expert some songs that I have never heard before, at least one!
On Saturday December 16th I will turn 64 and looking back to the Beatles song from Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band for myself the question has been answered.
Having done three radio shows for Radio FiV in Recklinghausen in 1993 (Surf Songs, Hot Rod Songs, Dennis Wilson tribute ten years after his drowning)I know how much work it might be to prepare an one hour radio show. So I am looking forward to John and hope to hear some records with that special vinyl sound and not only digitally remastered music.
surfingly yours
Ruediger

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016 01:51:32

AWESOME - no one I can think of better to do this.

For the love of all that is holy (and for those of us travelling through the blizzards this weekend) PLEASE consider one other re-run sometime during the following week.

I'm sure you all will enjoy it - stay on the warm side of the door.
Cool

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Wow, this storm has just put the kabash to the weekend trip to the in-laws for the gift-exchange Christmas fest/feast. I'll be stuck here all weekend...
Shucks, sorta. Picard Face Palm

Oh. Wait. That means at oh-dark-thirty on Sunday I can put on NSSR and listen to John's show!
Guitar

This must be how that glass half-full thing works. Cool

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Times for shows:

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016 13:59:30

bigtikidude wrote:

Times for shows:

Disregard; BTD edited.

Wes

Last edited: Dec 17, 2016 14:00:47

Sorry, fixed it,
My eyes are going

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Gee, Badger, that's too bad. LOL

wfoguy wrote:

Gee, Badger, that's too bad. LOL

No kidding! Big Grin

The place is groomed; the town did their usual stellar job at clean-up (we all did before it becomes the consistency of rock) - nothing to do but listen to John & laugh at announcers enjoying a Great Lakes winter later at Soldier's Field. The HIGH tomorrow is in the -5°F range, 20 below tonight.

Further south though I see some of our southern friends are getting hammered with a different kind of storm. Stay out of the way of them tornadoes and the big-blue-bolt folks!

Wes

So cool The Fireballs' Bulldog is on there.
Sound great John! Hope this portends more hosting appearances.
Cool

Wes

He's off to a great start! Smile

Glued..........

The Kahuna Kings

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Kahuna-Kings/459752090818447

https://thekahunakings.bandcamp.com/releases

Listening

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Cool

When you have to shoot ... shoot! Don't talk.
"Los Grainders" www.facebook.com/losgrainders
"Planeta Reverb" www.facebook.com/planetareverb

Great Job John,
Loved all yer insight and added info.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks Big, and thanks to those of you who spent part of your Sunday with myself, Jonpaul, and NSSR. I hope it was an enjoyable time for all of you.

JB

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

From 0500 Central yesterday that's all that was on in the house. You both sound pretty good cranked through the Marantz too.
Cool

Wes

A big thank you to John Blair who truly has a great voice for radio and for all the bits of info about the tunes that enhanced the listening experience.

Lorne
The Surf Shakers: https://www.facebook.com/TheSurfShakers
Vancouver BC Canada

For our listeners in the Americas that missed the lists, we will rerun them throughout the week, starting part 1 in about two hours:

Monday:
6PM PST / 8PM CST / 9PM EST: Surf Revival Top 101, Hour 1 to 3
Tuesday:
6PM PST / 8PM CST / 9PM EST: Classic Surf Top 101, Hour 1 to 3
Wednesday:
6PM PST / 8PM CST / 9PM EST: Surf Revival Top 101, Hour 4 to 6
Thursday:
6PM PST / 8PM CST / 9PM EST: Classic Surf Top 101, Hour 4 to 6

http://www.northseasurfradio.org/listen

Enjoy!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016 18:19:20

Goto Page: 1 2 Next