Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

Floyd: Tremolo
211 days ago

bigtikidude: Who’s coming to SG101?
194 days ago

Jojobaplant: Second Magnatech album on Sharawaji in a few weeks on CD and Vinyl!
182 days ago

jimbones: New stuff coming from the Men in Gray Suits REALLY SOON!
179 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Looking forward to SG102 2022
171 days ago

bigtikidude: Thanks for coming Guy!
137 days ago

MamaGrass: The Bloat Floaters rock!
116 days ago

MamaGrass: TOMORROW, Saturday 8/13! Come on out to one of the raddest venues Winters Tavern, and watch The Bloat Floaters kick out the jams!
109 days ago

MamaGrass: Surf Monster and The Bloat Floaters LIVE 8/28 @ Blue Note Brewing Co. in Woodland, CA
103 days ago

Emilien03: https://yout...
63 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Favorite surf guitar

StickyNew Topic
Goto Page: Previous 1 259 60 61 62 63

Cool. Thanks Brian. Rookie move.

Morales Mosrite style with Spain replica Mosrite pickups and some other upgrades.
Will try later to include some pics.

Played my "Surfocaster" through an amp for the very first time at a gig my band had on Saturday night. (The Charlottesville Skate Park was celebrating the installation of its lights, enabling them to stay open past dusk!)

It's a partsocaster, but mostly actual Fender parts. It's got an American Pro II body, an American Player neck (had to have the big headstock!) with Fender locking tuners and Fender American Vintage 65 pickups. The bridge is by Mann Made. Switching is standard 5-way, but the bridge is on its own tone pot, while the neck/middle share the other tone pot. Bridge pickup is reverse-slanted to get a sharper bass response. Warmoth pickguard.

I was surprised at how little noise came from the pickups, so apparently my shielding work was adequate Smile This isn't a surf band, it's my indie rock band 7th Grade Girl Fight, but this is the guitar I put together to get Strat tones on my surf stuff along with my Jazzmaster.

I may need to put a string tree on it; the high E string occasionally pops out of its nut slot when I engage in excited wigglebarness.

Amp for the gig was my Koch Twintone (50W EL34) into a Marshall 1965B converted from 4x10 to 2x12. Pedals are all BOSS - TU-2 (tuner), CE-2 (chorus) & PH-2 (phaser). Simple, classic, sounded great! Plus I could turn way up because we were outdoors Smile

Last edited: Oct 17, 2022 07:49:16

Goto Page: Previous 1 259 60 61 62 63