Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink The Blue Hawaiian's 20th anniversary show, thurs. May 1st, Hollywood, Ca.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next

Had no idea what to expect -was blown away!!! Worth the drive from NorCal and only the first of 4 great shows this weekend.

CousinMary wrote:

Had no idea what to expect -was blown away!!!

It's funny, I've had a couple Blue Hawaiian albums since the 90s and early 2000s, but I never saw them live until last year, and now that I've seen them, I totally regret it. Their albums are good, but their live show is so incredible! If I had known how good they were live, I would've started going to their shows years ago!

Catch these guys if you can. So epic!

Was with the girlfriend last night. It was a big moral dilemma for me.

None

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

None

that is the correct response

CousinMary wrote:

Had no idea what to expect -was blown away!!! Worth the drive from NorCal and only the first of 4 great shows this weekend.

1. Blue Hawaiians
  2. HB Pier Show
  3. 13 Guitar Rumble

What's the 4th Mary ??

If I may chime in for Mary,
As I told her about the show.
It's Tikiyaki 5-0
At the palm springs Tonga Hut.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Agreed--fantastic show last night! We are all truly lucky to be able to experience this band live again in the modern era! Having said that, those Lava Lounge shows can never be replicated. It was a very special time and place and the zeitgeist reflected that and created a unique kind of energy. The tiny space, the decor, the sheer amount of bodies all packed in like sardines, and I have to say it...the drumming of Maxwell and organ playing of Erik elevated the whole thing to a well-deserved status of "legendary." Nice to share the experience last night with BTD, Josh, Jason, Mary, JoBeast, Steve & Al and John-O. It's really kind of sad that more Surf fans don't come out to these shows.

I photographed the 2 nights of recording Live At The Lava Lounge 2 in 2005. Old-school fast film 35mm--no flash. Here are a few from the archives...

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Last edited: May 02, 2014 19:35:01

Jonpaul! You were there??!! I love these photos....

Agreed--fantastic show last night! We are all truly lucky to be able to experience this band live again in the modern era! Having said that, those Lava Lounge shows can never be replicated. It was a very special time and place and the zeitgeist reflected that and created a unique kind of energy. The tiny space, the decor, the sheer amount of bodies all packed in like sardines, and I have to say it...the drumming of Maxwell and organ playing of Erik elevated the whole thing to a well-deserved status of "legendary." Nice to share the experience last night with BTD, Josh, Jason, Mary, JoBeast, Steve & Al and John-O. It's really kind of sad that more Surf fans don't come out to these shows.

I photographed the 2 nights of recording Live At The Lava Lounge 2 in 1995. Old-school fast film 35mm--no flash. Here are a few from the archives...

Yes! It was a great show - so happy that they are out playing again. For those who missed it, they usually do a monthly show there first Thursday of every month.

Edit: NICE PHOTOS Jonpaul!!

The Counselors

Last edited: May 02, 2014 18:40:26

FIRST Thursday of every month. Smile

Johnny-O wrote:

FIRST Thursday of every month. Smile

You're right - original post corrected. It used to be last Thusdays.

The Counselors

Great show, they just went for it from the very start, wow! glad to see everyone again. I think I can make the June show, sure hope so.

Just a reminder that they're back tomorrow, Thursday night at 3 Club in Hollywood. I intend to be there.

Quick by the way chaps..

There's a few new youtubes HERE

Thanks Terry and Malc.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Returning again to 3 Club tomorrow night on Thursday. Another band, Rhythm Coffin is also playing. Supposed to be around 10pm. See you there!

Yeah I'm going to head to this one. Screw Friday morning! The Blue Hawaiians are worth it Smile

SO worth it!!! Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rlgk3Vd0ZY

Last edited: Sep 03, 2014 16:44:12

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next