Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink List of Dates and Bands for Surfing Sundays shows summer of 2014, last show of summer, possibly ever, today

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4

I will try to make the pier shows continue,
will post when I get an update.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

the pier shows are special. good luck.

www.surfintheeye.com

Linda will be hugely missed, the work she's done for the past decade to help the surf music community has been remarkable, especially given her many health challenges. We all owe her a HUGE debt of gratitude. Thank you for everything, Linda, and we really hope to see you at the future shows.

Jeff, GOOD LUCK with HBISM. I can't imagine the convention weekends without the pier show, that would really suck.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Was just about to say the same thing, Ivan... would this actually impact the convention weekends?

And absolutely - all the best on this, Jeff!

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

I totally understand the allure the pier has for bands coming to play at SG101, and I want this to continue.
But I have also thought ahead and realized if we were to lose the pier shows, it would allow me to make the convention a 2 day event with more bands.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

I totally understand the allure the pier has for bands coming to play at SG101, and I want this to continue.

I'd offer it's also a pretty big chunk of the allure for non-local attendees. If I had to choose more bands vs. the pier, I'm pretty sure I'd pick the pier.

I do realize this isn't fully in your hands, Jeff, so do take that feedback personally - just sharing one persons opinion as someone who flew nearly coast to coast to attend a few times and hopes to make many more.

If there is anything I (or we) can do to help, just say the word. A letter to the board? A petition?

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

If a petition is needed, I will let you all know.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4