Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
274 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
267 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
228 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
161 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
161 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
147 days ago

dp: dude
128 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
84 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
68 days ago

GDW: showman
19 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Sunday Surf show, Day after winter surf fest in Hermosa Beach Ca. Jan. 19th noon to 5pm

Page 1 of 1

Hey All,

If you are coming, or thinking about coming to the Winter Surf Fest.
please also come to this show that Billy Blast Off has put together for all of us.

This will be at
Suzy's bar n grill
1141 Aviation Blvd.
Hermosa Beach, Ca. 90254

Bands are:

Banned from the Beach 1 pm
Glasgow Tiki Shakers at 2pm
The Counselors 3pm
The Anchovys plus special guests 4pm

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Jan 05, 2014 21:50:41

spelling error fixed sir

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

spelling error fixed sir

LOL. Thanks Jeff!

BTW- I think that the flyer didn't post when you quoted me in the other thread because I edited the flyer after you quoted me. (After I finished making the Sunday Surf show flyer and posting it, I didn't like how small I had to make "The Anchovys + all star guests" font to make it all fit, so I edited the way that line was written to enlarge "The Anchovys" to the same size as the other bands.)

Cheers!

The Counselors

Updated flyer with cover charge - $8 for 4 surf bands! How can you go wrong?? See ya there!

The Counselors

Day after winter surf fest, festivities.
Can't wait.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Bump for tomorrow.

Today!!!!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Good times at Suzys yesterday.
Hats off to the great bands that joined us. Glasgow Tiki Shakers, and the Counselors were a perfect fit. Great musicians, great music. I hope somebody got some video of them in action yesterday. Cheers!
Also a big thanks to Paul Johnson, John Blair, and Dave Arnson for joining The Anchovys in the all-star jam. It was a blast doin' double duty with "BftB" and "The Anchovys" on the same bill, although it does challenge the song memory process. ;D
http://youtu.be/wGMjtmSAekw

Be careful following the masses. Sometimes the "M" is silent...........................

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014 23:00:38

Billy,
Good to see bftb, it had been to long.
You guys gotta come down outta the valley once In
Awhile.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I thought this would be a good show, but it was really great. Glad to see bands and musicians that we had not seen live before. Except for a certain football game's outcome, it was a perfect afternoon for the gang from Norcal.

It was a great time - We loved playing with the other bands and agree that it was a great fit! Thanks so much to all who came to the show and especially those that came from out of town for the Winter Surf Fest and stuck around for the Sunday Surf show!

Thanks for putting us on the bill Billy!

Cheers!

The Counselors

CousinMary wrote:

I thought this would be a good show, but it was really great. Glad to see bands and musicians that we had not seen live before. Except for a certain football game's outcome, it was a perfect afternoon for the gang from Norcal.

It was great to finally meet you Mary! Thanks for coming, and I'm sorry about those 49'rs, but at least you got a little Surf music in to soothe the pain a bit................ Cool

Be careful following the masses. Sometimes the "M" is silent...........................

Jason wrote:

It was a great time - We loved playing with the other bands and agree that it was a great fit! Thanks so much to all who came to the show and especially those that came from out of town for the Winter Surf Fest and stuck around for the Sunday Surf show!

Thanks for putting us on the bill Billy!

Anytime Jason! You guys killed it! Love your band!

Cheers!

Such an honor to have been part of this.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014 02:24:08

Maxx - I really enjoyed your set - your playing, your bandmates, and your musical guests.

Of course, as a radio DJ, I also appreciated that you announced the song titles and that you told us a little background about the song. Cool

CaliforniaMaxx wrote:

Such an honor to have been part of this.

I loved the part at the end of the Anchovy's
Set where Maxx introduced the band members,
then Said, "of course you all know who I am"
I almost fell over laughing.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1