Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Eddie Bertrand's Gear for sale, update list 6-17-2013, on page 5

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

That's a lot of gear... Awesome to know he was into synths and drum machines! I'd love to get my hands on that Prophet 600.

What was he recording...?

I was shocked by all the synths lists there too.

That said, I am not worthy to own any of his gear. I just hope that the gear finds it way to some happy homes.

To Boldly go where no Tiki has gone before...

Shock

www.surfintheeye.com

The Maestro Phazer, the Fostec gear and the ebow are all super-cool relics...

Eddie did a tremendous amount of recording in his home studio. He has hundreds of house of recorded unreleased material. Most of it non-surf. There is a producer who produced albums for some major artists that is interested in the project. Not sure what will come of it at this point. For those seriously interested in any of his gear, CALL Steve Soest for the best response.

Another E-mail from Steve,

hi linda and jeff- i'm not a member of surf guitar 101 or any of the other forums. can you possibly post a note thanking everyone for their interest and patience, and let them know that I'm compiling a list of those who have contacted me expressing interest in eddie's gear ? there's been an overwhelming amount of interest, which doesn't surprise me one bit. eddie bertrand was a cultural icon; a rock star back in the day when you could probably count the, all on your fingers and toes ! john and I will be inspecting and assessing the equipment starting this week, and then we'll send lists (with description and prices) to those who have contacted me. there's a lot of gear, so it'll be a bit at a time, probably over the next month or so . some of the items will possibly be available as early as this coming tuesday. interested buyers can contact me via phone or email next week , tuesday, wednesday and thursday. the first official showing will be at the pasadena guitar show on saturday, may 25th. thanks for your help,

steve soest
soest guitar, orange, ca.
714 538 0272

Jeff(bigtikidude)

This may or may not work/happen but I contacted Steve re: Eddie's Jag...my thought is if I can buy it this could give the surf community a little space to come together and kick into a fund so this piece of surf guitar history could be seen by all hanging where it belongs in Huntington Beach.
This would mean a lot of folks kicking in what they can $50-$100 each would be great ..perhaps if he is willing, get Brian to hold the funds..from what I understand the price tag will be a bit over 4k..that's a lot of money and if I pull the trigger on it and don't get enough $ I'll be paying a cc bill for quite awhile Smile
I have heard from a few that I have mentioned this idea to who are willing to donate..anyway..would like to see this guitar out in public not hid away in a collection.

www.northofmalibu.com

Last edited: May 05, 2013 17:58:34

I'd be in for that.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I can probably donate a little. I want to see this when I visit the HB pier.. Someday...

IMO.

Count me in George.

It would be sweet if it resided in the museum, but was able to be loaned out to bands recording. Obviously, it couldn't be lent to just anybody... but...

Perhaps someone should consult with the Museum?

I'll do what I can.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Talking with a few here and crunched some numbers.
It will take aprox 50 $100 donations ..twice that at $50..
Lots more for jars of pennies etc..as they say "no donation is too small.
That said, I need to ask those interested and able to get involved to pm me or post if you like an amount they feel they can donate.
I may get "the call" anytime and will need to make a decision on the spot.
I'm not feeling neg or positive of this idea becoming a reality..it is a lot of money and everyone here has living and family costs to deal with..let the "pledges" begin and we'll see if we can make it happen

www.northofmalibu.com

As Tim suggested we should probably see if the HB Surfing Museum would be willing to display / take possession of the guitar.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

That's a great idea, let the museum curate the important items. I'd donate towards that. These guitars simply CANNOT end up in Arkansas or Topeka.

Sound of the Surf, the movie
Facebook SOTS

What about "Kickstarter"? As I understand it, if the goal isn't reached, then everyone gets the money they pledged back. No risk for anyone.

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

I think Chris' Kickstarter idea is a good one. I'm game.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

tdsurf wrote:

These guitars simply CANNOT end up in Arkansas or Topeka.

... Better to end up with a player in Arkansas or Kansas than somebody who will baby it in California!

Count me and the Breakaways in for a donation.

Craig Skelly

Little Kahuna
www.littlekahunamusic.com
The Breakaways
The Curl Riders

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next