Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink Firefox problems with the site

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

I use Mozilla Firefox on my home computer since Explorer makes our Windows unstable and prone to freezing. However, Firefox has a couple of problems with SG101. For one thing, when I refresh the site, it gives me the normal 'unread' orangeish symbol next to the forums with new posts, but then when I click on particular forums, the actual new posts don't have the 'unread' orangeish symbol next to them. So, I have to look at the times that the posts were made and figure out if I already read them or not that way.

Another problem is that I cannot post either a PM or a New Topic through Firefox. When I try to submit either, it gives me the following message: "Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form." No matter how many times I hit the Submit button it won't accept it (I'm posting this topic through Explorer, obviously.)

Brian, any idea why this is happening, and what can be done about it?

Thanks.
Ivan

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

I too use firefox and have had these issues. Re: the invalid session, I found that if I preview it and then submit, it will go through, though it takes a few tries sometimes.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

I use Firefox all the time at home and have never seen this problem (yet - knock on wood).

However, I did recently update the forums, and the problems you describe (invalid session) have been reported with this new version, but it was with other browsers too. Confused

I can suggest two things: one, make sure you have the latest Firefox, they just came out with a new update. On the Firefox menu, choose Help and then Check for Updates.

Second, clear your browser's cookies and cache. You'll have to log back into the site. I'm at work now, but I think you do that from Firefox with Tools/Private Data.... and then check the boxes for at least cookies and cache.

I'll keep monitoring the phpBB forums and see what comes of this invalid session problem as it does apparently hit some people.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I too use Firefox. Never had any of these problems. <Don't you hate when people chime in like this when you ARE having a problem? Very Happy

http://www.satanspilgrims.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Satans-Pilgrims/8210228553
https://satanspilgrims.bandcamp.com/
http://www.surfyindustries.com

Brian
However, I did recently update the forums, and the problems you describe (invalid session) have been reported with this new version, but it was with other browsers too. Confused

Brian, I don't have these problems with Explorer, either at home or at work. Second, I started using Firefox several months ago, and these problems have been going on since the beginning.

I can suggest two things: one, make sure you have the latest Firefox, they just came out with a new update. On the Firefox menu, choose Help and then Check for Updates.

I did that, and I do have the most recent version (as I thought I did.) Again, I had the same problems with the older and the current version.

Second, clear your browser's cookies and cache. You'll have to log back into the site. I'm at work now, but I think you do that from Firefox with Tools/Private Data.... and then check the boxes for at least cookies and cache.

I do this periodically, and it's never made one bit of a difference.

I'll keep monitoring the phpBB forums and see what comes of this invalid session problem as it does apparently hit some people.

Thanks for your suggestions, but none of that seems to be the problem. Sad Any other suggestions?

spskins
I too use Firefox. Never had any of these problems. <Don't you hate when people chime in like this when you ARE having a problem?

Yes. Yes, I really do. Evil
Wink

Ivan

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

IvanP
Any other suggestions?

No, not right now, but thanks for the feedback. The latest Firefox is 2.0.0.2 available here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

As I said, I will keep monitoring the phpBB support forums and see what the "experts" say on this.

I've never had these problems either. Let's see... a quick reinstall might be in order. Firefox is really easy to reinstall and you don't lose your information.

I have a theory of what your problem might be. I'm guessing you installed Firefox with Internet explorer still as your main browser and you exported some of the information from IE, as Firefox does. When this happened several conflicts occurred.

I just read about a work around that I can do on my end. I can change the cookie name and domain that the forums use. I will do this later today.

Danny and Ivan, do you by chance visit lots of sites running the phpBB forums?

I am using the default cookie name for phpBB and maybe that is somehow getting confused somewhere. I will change it later today. Stay tuned.

negative for me.

Danny Snyder

_

I think this is the only one for me, too...

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

The change has been made. Keep me posted.

Thanks Brian, It only happens at home so I have to wait.

Danny Snyder

_

Sadly no change for me.

Jake, we just reinstalled Firefox about four or five days ago. So reinstalling it again isn't gonna do much, I think. As far as importing stuff from Explorer, maybe that's the culprit. But I'd hate to have to start from scratch with the bookmarks!

Ivan

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Ivan, this is at your home? Who is your ISP? They aren't doing crazy things to you like changing your IP address every few minutes are they?

Brian
Ivan, this is at your home? Who is your ISP? They aren't doing crazy things to you like changing your IP address every few minutes are they?

It's Comcast cable. I have no idea what they're doing with my IP address....

Ivan

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Well disregard my IP address theory if you can use the site just fine from IE.

I would suggest clearing all your private browser data (at least the cache and cookies). Then completely uninstall Firefox from the control panel's add/remove programs. Then install a fresh copy of Firefox from the link I posted earlier (versus installing a new version on top of the old).

If you are concerned about losing bookmarks, perhaps Firefox has a way to export the bookmarks before you uninstall it. Then you can import once you have a new install. I'll look into that when I get home.

You might also try the Opera browser. It is fast and free. Unfortunately some websites don't seem to work well with it.

All your bookmarks and preferences are stored in a profile which can be saved and restored. Unfortunately it requires a bit of moving and copying files yourself.

This page has some info on how to do that:
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

So I suggest clearing your cookies and cache, then backing up your profile somewhere else on your computer, then uninstall it completely. Then try installing a fresh copy. Then restore your profile.

I wish I could come over and help. Wink

I remember Brian saying that Firefox was way better than I.E.
My brother had heard the same, so he installed it on our home computer and his lap top. Ever since, I am having all types of problems.
some sites I cant get onto, I cant listen to clint's show thru it, and
when I'm on sg101 or yahoo everything is way slower. And I thought I had high spped internet to get away from waiting for pictures to load.

ugggghhhhh.
and all that stuff you said above is french to me.
except the cookies part.
I love cookies and milk.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. I noticed a small glitch on the orange thing too, but now its fine.
But, on Tiki central,. if you click on the orange page that says go to, it takes you to the last page you had read, it doesnt do it for me on here.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I use Firefox and don't have these problems, either (sorry Ivan & Danny!)

The version I use is 1.0.7, so it appears I am living in the past . . . I'm hesitant to update it to the current version after hearing about these issues Confused

I guess if it ain't broke . . .

-Dick

Fender Reissue Cap Mod Site
http://home.comcast.net/~rmessick2/

Goto Page: 1 2 Next