Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink KFJC Surf Battle #6, May 18, 2013

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 Next

KFJC, DJ Cousin Mary and I are pleased to announce the date for The Sixth KFJC Battle of the Surf Bands.

Saturday May 18 has been confirmed for the afternoon concert and live radio/web broadcast. We have a beautiful new location at the Surf Spot in Pacifica. This place is incredible– an outdoor stage, lawn seating, all ages, tiki huts for BBQ and drinks, a nice view of the Pacific, and if anybody wants to get a game going... volleyball courts!

The basic format of the show hasn't changed from years passed, 16 bands in 4 hours. Each band gets to play their best material and win the crowd over. We'll have lots of new bands this year, the line up will be announced as soon as all the bands are confirmed.

Make your flight reservations, or get your road trip crew lined up, this is going to be a blast!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Road Trip!!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hell yeah!!!!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

bigtikidude wrote:

Road Trip!!

My thoughts exacxtly

Our best songs? I love all my babies Razz

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Great poster!

It's only 1500 miles. I'll go get the Lear jet out and have someone meet me at the airport. Sounds great!

For the sixth time, KFJC is greatly appreciative of Ferenc's hard work to put this show together and the support from so many musicians and others in the surf music community! This is a super fun event! Hope to see you there.

I'm beginning to think I should just take the whole damn month off and go surfing. I really feel like coming to this. But will I be recovered from Instro Summit?

I love all your babies, too, Danny. Play at random.

Always a blast! Glad to see the return of this great Surf event. Lookin forward to it!

Guitar Rimshot Guitar Guitar

Tuck wrote:

I'm beginning to think I should just take the whole damn month off and go surfing. I really feel like coming to this. But will I be recovered from Instro Summit?

Will you be recovered? Does it really matter, John? See you there!

Bob

Still can't figure out how to fly out that evening without teleporting to the airport, but if I sleep in the airport I can leave at the crack of dawn Sunday. Heck, is anybody playing til 2:00 AM that night? Or will all the bands in SF be worn out after this?

For folks who are considering travel from out of town - I just noticed that the Aqua Velvets will be at Forbidden Island in Alameda on Thursday May 16 - maybe spend a couple of days here in beautiful NorCal?

Thanks for the heads up, Mary. I was just thinking I needed to check your SF doings post for leads. I will consider this. I have been sort of thinking of an in an out, arriving Saturday and leaving Sunday, but that does leave Saturday night.

There are a couple of other venues (Longboard Margarita Bar and Winters Tavern) in Pacifica that have had surf music shows before. It would be fun if some surf bands had shows there Saturday night - whether they are local or not - whether they are in the Surf Battle or not.

Tuck wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, Mary. I was just thinking I needed to check your SF doings post for leads. I will consider this. I have been sort of thinking of an in an out, arriving Saturday and leaving Sunday, but that does leave Saturday night.

Here are the bands confirmed for the 2013 Surf Battle:
1- Aloha Screwdriver
2- Agency EL84
3- Beachkrieg
4- Brodaddy
5- Buzzy Frets
6- Deadbeats
7- Drifting Sand
8- Frankie & The Pool Boys
9- The Gillbillies
10- LavaPups
11- Trivalve
12- Meshugga Beach Party
13- Mighty Surf Lords
14- North of Malibu
15- Sneaky Tikis
16- TomorrowMen

A wonderful, diverse line up of new and seasoned bands, youngsters and old pros. I am very excited to see this show!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Fantastic! Thanks for including us, Ferenc. Can't wait!

So looking forward to KFJC! We've heard so much about this event and are thrilled! The Sneaky Tikis are totally Stoked! Thanks Ferenc for all your hard work!

Wow, Ferenc! That's a great line up with 16 exciting names!

And now I think I am interested in Friday Night as well as Saturday Night! Thursday night is taken care of with the Aqua Velvets. Sort of a warm up for SG 101 in August.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 Next