Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink New pop-up login window

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

Nah. the "Welcome, Mister X" on the top row is enough, no need for clutter. If the login failed for some reason (wrong details) it says so right in the box.

Brian, I think after you successfully logon there should be a glissando sound played (or possibly a tank kick - take your pick).

https://www.facebook.com/index.php?lh=9353f9155b5ff32e14c998495fd00da4&#!/rich.derksen.7

Last edited: Dec 14, 2011 13:43:10

Ha ha!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Leave it as it is Brian.

Although Papa Surf does have a good idea there.

Woody D
S3 #148
Henrico Va

I also really like the pop up on the inbox!
nice work. Thanks!

Matt Heaton & the Electric Heaters
"Dick Dale meets Dennis Lehane"
http://www.heatonsurf.com

Pop up login doesn't work for me, I have to log in with non-pop-up. It doesn't tell me that my password was good or bad (tried good and bad), just returns me to where I was. Deleted my cookies, still no luck.

Using Opera if that counts

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Last edited: Jan 02, 2012 15:30:41

ElMonstroPorFavor wrote:

Pop up login doesn't work for me, I have to log in with
non-pop-up. It doesn't tell me that my password was
good or bad (tried good and bad), just returns me to
where I was. Deleted my cookies, still no luck.

Using Opera if that counts

Hmmm. If it doesn't work, the login window pops back up. If it does work, the window goes away, and the only thing that usually changes is the row of links under the logo.

Opera on the PC works for me.

Last edited: Jan 02, 2012 15:40:02

Opera 11.6 on Mac OS X 10.7.2 is working.

Make sure you're not blocking cookies - I know that throws an error on pretty much any browser: "Oops, we are detecting some strange behavior and are blocking this action. If you feel this is an error, please feel free to contact us. Thank you."

Also check for browser plugins. For example, Disconnect blocks images embedded in threads here hosted on certain sites (for example, an image from Facebook) and just renders the word "image" as a placeholder. May be an unintended side-effect like that too.

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

It works for me, but one property of these new pop-up logins, here and elsewhere, is that they seem to be immune to my Symantec tool for autofilling logins. Suddenly I have to remember all my passwords again.

Is anyone else having problems? I'm not hearing back from people that are.

If you have anything that is blocking cookies, that could definitely be it. Over-active anti-virus or anti-malware programs perhaps?

No problems here.

Suggestion/Request though. Could you make it so that it refreshes the browser after you hit "login" on the pop-up screen? For example, I'm reading a thread, I want to reply but I realize that I'm not logged in, so I go up click login and hit okay, but then I have to refresh the page again for it to read that I am logged-in.

Not exactly a major issue! Nor minor!

Jake I've been thinking about your suggestion and I may end up doing it. Let me consider it some more.

I just found and fixed a hopefully obscure problem where the pop-up login would not work if you tried to do it from the account registration page. And I didn't try it, but now that I think about it, it probably wouldn't work from the "normal" login page either. I'm not sure if people are doing that, but it definitely didn't work. Just clear your browser's cache if you are experiencing that problem.

So a handful of people have reported problems with this thing, and I've heard back from all but 2 of you. If you are still having problems with it I'd like to know. Thanks!

BTW, the change I made last night may require you to clear your browser's cache in any event.

If you aren't sure how to do that you can use this form instead:

http://surfguitar101.com/accounts/login/

I'm considering removing this pop-up login form because it kind of sucks on a mobile device. Unless I hear strong opinions otherwise its probably going to go.

I have figured out how to make the site redirect back to whatever page you were looking at before you clicked the login link. I think this was the biggest issue people were having that created the demand for this thing.

While you're on the subject Brian. All the other sites of which I login prompt me to auto save my password. I'm quite happy to sign into SG101 manually, it really isn't any bother at all. But with so many login sites these days auto save has become a handy option.

crumble wrote:

All the other sites of which I login prompt me to auto save my password.

Isn't that something your browser does, not the website? Using Firefox, I don't have to enter my password every time I log in.

Old punks never die... They just become surf rockers.

LeeVanCleef wrote:

crumble wrote:

All the other sites of which I login prompt me to auto save my password.

Isn't that something your browser does, not the website? Using Firefox, I don't have to enter my password every time I log in.

Yes that is true but my browser doesn't respond to SG101's login box. With other sites any sort of login evokes a popup option to save my password. Since SG101 v2 on XP (IE9) and my new PC with Win7 IE9 and IE10 I haven't had use of this feature.
And... before you suggest I change browser Smile I'm happy with IE10. I've already experienced the other browsers thanks very much!

Last edited: Sep 01, 2013 07:30:26

Yes that is a browser function, nothing I have control over.

It's gone now. Let me know if you see any problems.

Windows IE10 password auto save works now. Thanks very much.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2