Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Surfer Joe Summer Festival 2011

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

Have a good one everybody!!

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

IvanP wrote:

Oh, oh, oh, how I wish I could be in Livorno this
weekend!!! I'm sure it'll be unforgettable, maybe even
legendary! Have a GREAT weekend, everyone!! Really
looking forward to the videos and photos!

Wow, this really snuck up on me! Yes, everything Ivan said. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend; I wish we could all go.

BN

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I've been practising my (very poor) Italian!

Los Fantasticos

Fond memories of Livorno. Have a great festival and give the tanks a kick or 2!

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Have a Great weekend of shows everybody.
Wish I could be there.
Lorenzo, I know you are probably really busy,
but if you get a minute, I sent ya a e-mail.

it can wait for a reply till after if need be.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I soooo wish I could be there. Have a great time- performers, audience, and Lorenzo, too!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

Pollo Del Mar and the Surf Coasters for Surferjoe 2000 & something! That's what i say! Cool

crumble wrote:

Pollo Del Mar and the Surf Coasters for Surferjoe 2000
& something! That's what i say! Cool

Well, of course, Pollo Del Mar did play in 2009. No reason not to play again in 2012, mind you!

Los Fantasticos

djangodeadman wrote:

crumble wrote:

Pollo Del Mar and the Surf Coasters for Surferjoe
& something! That's what i say! Cool

Well, of course, Pollo Del Mar did play in 2009. No
reason not to play again in 2012, mind you!

From what i remember Pollo Del Mar enjoyed the festival but had some complications, they didn't get fair crack of the whip. I'm sure a lot of us would like to see the Surf Coasters in europe perhaps with help of Ferenc? But i digress, it's 2011 and i'm just pipe dreaming, please ignore me.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011 09:34:59

What, going on at 3AM? It was still a blast, and Lorenzo gave us an "encore" set the next night, so it was all great. I would love to go back next year, performing, or as an audience member. What a great time.

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

PolloGuitar wrote:

What, going on at 3AM? It was still a blast, and
Lorenzo gave us an "encore" set the next night, so it
was all great. I would love to go back next year,
performing, or as an audience member. What a great
time.

Only wish I'd been able to stay awake for the 3am set! A combination of the sun and the beer did for me, so I was very glad that you played again the next night.

Los Fantasticos

I left NYC (JFK) on Wed night - flight left 1 and 1/2 hours late (Delta international from JFK is ALWAYS a problem..... DELTA = Doesn't Ever Leave The Airport! Delta domestic usually never have a problem. Made my connection to PISA barely in time). Picked up by Lorenzo and we waited for John Blair, Tom Duncan, Frank Hughes f the Eliminators. I knew I was in the right place.

I have been running a fever on and off for the last few days...really trying to drag me down....I'm putting up a good fight. The night time was the first music for the festival. It was held at Mercatino Americano. First there was a surf jam, many local musicians participating. Reefriders' Bruce Brewington was playing too!

The only band to perform was the German surf band THE KILAUEAS. A few times during their set the power kicked off!! The power of surf! I thought they gave a great performance!!! I shot 3 videos during their set.

Really looking forward to tonight. Will try to report tomorrow.

Ciao
UNSTEADY FREDDIE

http://www.facebook.com/unsteady.freddie

We are 3-4 hours away from tonight's fesivities. If it's anything like last night we are in for a fun evening.

First of all BRAVO to Luca and Lorenzo for securing an amazing venue site for the festival!|! FORTEZZA VECCHIA!! What an amazing place. I think you guys outdid yourselves!!

THE SUNNY BOYS -- a sort of BEACH BOYS hybrid cover band, kicked things off. I have seen them perform at a prior SURFER JOE SUMMER FESTIVAL. They play (and sing) material from the Beacb Boys' catalogue with a passion. They asked me to join them TWICE on stge (did they not learn anything from the FIRST TIME I sang with them?). I GET AROUND and BARBARA-ANN were opportunities to show my vocal skills. Let's just say NOW YOU KNOW WHY I LIKE INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC!!

The KRONTJONG DEVILS from the Netherlands came on next. Their set was a mix of INSTRO and vocal. I like them very much. I have played their music on my radio shows. The crowd seemed to enjoy them a great deal. I shot videos of them and THE SUNNY BOYS so you will be able to judge for yourselves when I return home.

DOCTEUR LEGUME & LES SURFWERKS are not easy to describe or categorize. I'd call it a 'multi-media mish-mosh' of live playing, pre-recorded music, video projections, sound effects, etc. It is very entertaining, it is certainly 'different'. I have seen this act to a smaller degree at a prior SURFER JOE event. No videos for this act bc they shut off the lights bc of the videos playing -- so the stage was barely lit.

The final act were THE PHANTOM 4 from the Netherlands. I (as were others) were completely blown away. From the first note they owned the place and everyone there. They just locked in, threw down the brakes, and took off at 200 miles an hour. And they never let up. They finished their set and we had !% minutes to spare. The audience was hollering for more. So what the Hell, they started in again, and played another 15 minutes to the sheer delight of everyone there.

Check in tomorrow at some point

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

still vibrating from last night's performances at THE SURFER JOE SUMMER FESTIVAL 2011!! It was as if every band was on fire! I was under the impression the music started at 7 pm, so I arrived at 630 pm, only to learn that AVA KANT from Italy had started at 6pm -- so regretably no videos. From what I could tell they had a cool, jammy thing going on -- the song they were playing when I got there they kept playing and playing. I liked it!

Then a British band I'm mad about, LOS FANTASTICOS, took to the stage in 'country garb' shirts. They ripped. They shredded. They are one of those bands for me that doesn't sound like anyone else. Great to finally meet Django Deadman! Many videos were shot.

THE WAVERS from Italy I have seen before, at SURFER JOE and in a min Italy tour I took with LOS STRAITJACKETS. BTW I have been dedicating each day's performances to Danny Amis -- Surfer Joe 2010 was his last live performance w Los Straitjackets. The WAVERS are 3 piece and they gave a terrific performance, as you will see in the videos.

My friend FABIO and his PSYCHO SURFERS were up next and I have seen them before here a few times. They never disappoint! Their set was lively, well-paced, and energetic. Great band!! Videos coming.

THE SPACE RANGERS from Germany were next What can I say that has not already been said about this great band? This time they had their keyboard, and one less guitar, unlike the E Coast US Tour. They are so so together and comfortable on stage. As usual they gave a top-shelf show. VIDEOS coming!

SURFER JOE & HIS BOSS COMBO is Lorenzo's WADADLI RIDERS band re-done. Brother Luca was there as was sound-man Tommy on throbbing bass. THEY KILLED! THEY NEVER LET UP! I was blown away. Make a point of seeing them in the USA. VIDEOS COMING!

Last but not least we had THE BAMBI MOLESTERS. HOLY SHIT!!! I finally got to see this marvelous band. They swang and swayed through a varied repertoire. Two horn players were on stage too. I was fascinated by the interplay between the 2 guitarists. Bought 3 CDs bc.....well bc I just had to! And their too cool T shirt as well.

Gonna get a little sleep, check back tomorrow

Ciao

UNSTEADY FREDDIE

Thanks for the show reports Freddie. Man I so want to be there, it sounds like surf music paradise. So many of my favorite bands. I'm just glad something like this exists even if I can't ever make it. Lorenzo, thanks for all you do!

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

EXACTLY what Danny said. I feel both Crying and Very Happy . I'm very screwed up at the moment. Confused

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

My passport came in time to make it to the show. One problem. I'm too sick to travel. I'm almost never sick. can barely get out of bed the last 5 days. Hopefully I'll make it next year...

HBkahuna wrote:

My passport came in time to make it to the show. One
problem. I'm too sick to travel. I'm almost never sick.
can barely get out of bed the last 5 days. Hopefully
I'll make it next year...

oh no........ Cry

www.surfintheeye.com

I'm completely destroyed. I cannot feel my arms anymore. No voice. Very few brain cells left working. Tonight play again with John Blair in Pisa. I have to see if I can make it... maybe I will leave the band without drummer... Smile

THANKS EVERYBODY, the show was great!!!

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

We will never thank you enough Lorenzo for what you do, this year's festival has been incredible, something to dream about for the next months !!!
Hey, take care of your health, rest a little bit now, 'cause I want to see you thundering on your Thursday show in Osimo !!! Wink

Guido (Orno Breaker)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next