Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Recording Corner »

Permalink CD Duplication - advice??

Page 1 of 1

We just finished recording a CD (all original stuff - exciting!) and, once the artwork is done, we want to send it off for duplication. We'll probably do a small run of about 150 copies or so, enough to sell a few and then have Christmas gifts for a decade or so.

Can anyone give me some advice about which companies provide good quality duplication services at economical rates??

Sonic Screwdriver
http://www.sonicscrewdriverband.com

These guys did a great job on my latest project.

http://www.cdpostershop.com

Mike

manfromravcon.com

We used CD Poster Shop as suggested. Thank you!! They did a nice job on duplicating our CD's: quality work in a time efficient manner.

Thanks again for the suggestion, Ravcon!

Sonic Screwdriver
http://www.sonicscrewdriverband.com

I had great experience at www.diskfaktory.com
Quality Service at reasonable prices.
www.diskfaktory.com Highly recommended!

theangel wrote:

I had great experience at www.diskfaktory.com
Quality Service at reasonable prices.
www.diskfaktory.com Highly recommended!

Methinks you work at diskfaktory.com.

Duplicate Post

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011 20:38:31

Cd Poster Shop looks good..we're in the market now..good price for short runs..sweet

www.northofmalibu.com

kunaki.com

Tito
www.4808records.com
www.thehighfiverevival.net

Are the cd's manufactured by Kunaka and or cd poster shop replicated or duplicated?

www.northofmalibu.com

I will give my props to Kunaki. They are quality duplications with an unbeatable price and amazing turnaround. CDPOSTERSHOP have raised their prices up pretty high.

THE KBK ... This is the last known signal. We offer Sanctuary.

www.thekbk.com
http://www.deepeddy.net/artists/thekbk/
www.reverbnation.com/thekbk
www.facebook.com/thekbkal

I recommend www.WePrintDiscs.com. You can upload your artwork on their site plus their cd duplication are affordable. As far as I know it's not more than $0.45 per CD. In my experience with that store, I bought 1,000 CD's there and I save more than $20. Not bad at all isn't it?

Last edited: May 27, 2011 01:48:10

vwilliam456 wrote:

I recommend www.WePrintDiscs.com. You can upload your
artwork on their site plus their cd
duplication

are affordable. As far as I know it's not more than
$0.45 per CD. In my experience with that store, I
bought 1,000 CD's there and I save more than $20. Not
bad at all isn't it?

I just checked them out. Sadly, once you factor in the price of the disk, the price of the jewel case and the extras, Kunaki really beats their price. Pluss, there is no minimum order, free bar code and shrink wrapping. And, Kunaki gives you a sale link where people can order your disk directly from them.

THE KBK ... This is the last known signal. We offer Sanctuary.

www.thekbk.com
http://www.deepeddy.net/artists/thekbk/
www.reverbnation.com/thekbk
www.facebook.com/thekbkal

I really wish Kunaki was mac friendly. As a result, I decided to go with CDpostershop again despite the price difference. It just really irks me how so many businesses choose to ignore mac people. I'm sorry, but borrowing someone's PC to do business with them is not a viable solution. I do understand it's probably expensive to serve both pc and mac markets though. Oh well.

Mike

manfromravcon.com

Last edited: May 29, 2011 09:57:32

Guys, if you really care about your music and want to look professional, please save up your money from shows and get your CD's professionally manufactured. Most plants will do runs of 300 discs, and they're only about $2.50/CD. If you do 1000 they're about a buck a CD. I have seen more and more CD-R's come in for review in the Continental magazine, some look pretty good, some look pretty poor. But even the best CD-R is not professional quality. For $2.50/CD your disc can look just like a U2 or Coldplay CD (hopefully it doesn't sound like either of them - lol). I use www.cdexperts.com, but there are many other plants, such as Discmakers, that will do runs as low as 300.

Sean
Double Crown Records
www.doublecrownrecords.com

Surf CD's / Vinyl / Fanzines / DVD's
The Desolate Coast - Without A Planet CD
Hipbone Slim aka Sir Bald - Wiggin' Out With CD
Continental Magazine - Issue #36 w/21 Song CD

I second everything Sean says, except I like Coldplay(I don't love them, just like). Nobody wants to buy a CD-R, and chances are if a band puts out a CD-R they probably didn't care much about the recording and writing of the album. At least that is what you think when you see a CD-R for sale.

Last edited: May 29, 2011 12:39:34

That's honestly the first thing that goes through my mind when a band sends their CD to me to review. If it's a CD-R I figure the band doesn't care enough about their music to spend a little more to make a professional CD, or they don't think they can sell more than 100 copies of their CD (which also implies that they don't think their music is very good). There are obviously CD-R's that are good, overcoming my initial reservations. But on average, the music on CD-R's is usually not as good as the music I receive on professional CD's.

Sean
Double Crown Records

Sean is right on the money. You want a glass mastered, replicated CD. CD-Rs do not play well in some CD players, my car for example.

That said, Amazon is moving toward an interesting model lately that is much like the one offered by Kunaki. They burn discs on demand. Of course, they are very up-front about it being a duplicated CD-R.

SSIV

Last edited: May 29, 2011 13:26:00

For the most part, I don't sell CD-R/duplicated discs through the Double Crown website, primarily for the reason that LHR just brought up - they do not play on some CD players. I think I heard somewhere that Amazon was doing burn-on-demand CD-R's for rare, out of print LP's. I'm all for that, although I don't mind just downloading MP3's either for that kind of material.

Sean
Double Crown Records

Page 1 of 1