Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
298 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
292 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
253 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
186 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
186 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
172 days ago

dp: dude
153 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
108 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
93 days ago

GDW: showman
44 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink OuterWave 1/23/08-GasLamp in LBC, $5 Burger, Beer & Surf

Page 1 of 1

For $5 bucks, you get a half pound burger, cooked just how you like it, a bag of chips, cold Tecate beer and two hours of super trad surf music. Even McDonalds can't beat that deal. Finally a Happy Meal for us surf fans.

www.outerwavesurfband.com

Last edited: Jan 07, 2008 21:38:42

I am so there....

excellent.
not horrible hours either.
do we have to drink Tecate beer?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Sure hope all of us down in southern california can come out and support a good showing at the gas lamp on the January 23rd. 8:00 to 10:00pm. The time is right. The place is right.

Very Large parking lot ( more than 300 cars )
Very large stage. 1000sf +
Very large building 6000 sf.
Great quality food
Two full bars.

We want to show the gas lamp that it is good idea to support the surf genre music. They are now very enthusiastic about trying us out. But if no one show up then is could fizzle out like the Starting Gate did.

We always talk about wouldn't it be nice to have a really cool place local to support surf music. I have been working patiently to get this place.

Lets all make a strong effort to come out on Wednesday night the 23rd and show our enthusiasm and support for the gas lamp. Then they will continue to be excited about surf music.

JR

((((More Reverb))))

JR,
1st thing its a wed. so there will be plenty of people complaining about it being during the work week.
2nd make sure alot of people know about it.
dont just post here.
all 4 of the band members need to send out e-mails to everybody on their address list, and pick up the phone and call those who dont have e-mail.
I will be there and I will tell people about it.
But I can't guarentee that 300 people will be there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I was at the GasLamp last wednesday to check out the Led Zep tribute band. Place is real nice and the burgers are even nicier and juicier. I will be there again tonight to check out a classic rock band. Acoustics are first rate to go with a real nice stage, risers, stage lights and all. Check out the burgers, and then the waitresses.

I would give anything to be there.

Well... anything except cancel my trip to Hawaii. But, I will be there in spirit. Wink

Sound of the Surf, the movie
Facebook SOTS

bigtikidude
JR,
1st thing its a wed. so there will be plenty of people complaining about it being during the work week.
dont just post here.
all 4 of the band members need to send out e-mails to everybody on their address list, and pick up the phone and call those who dont have e-mail.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Always making with the negative waves, man.....

Im just guessing that advertizing this in the title thread to have happened roughly a year ago wont help attendance either .....

sorry for the wisecrack, someone should change that, really. here's to a good show! Cheers

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

I know Tiki will find this hard to believe but I'll be there! The Gas Lamp is four blocks from my house in the LBC so I guess I have no excuse!

See ya guys there!
Ted

WR, you are a moderator, right? LMAO

Fixed.

I really wish I could be there, I've heard and seen many good things about Outer Wave. Hope it turns into a regular gig for you guys.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

HBkahuna

bigtikidude
JR,
dont just post here.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Always making with the negative waves, man.....

Just making suggestions,
people can listen to me and have people show up.
or just post here and get 5 people.

when I really promote something I e-mail 200 or more people and call about 50.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

The reality here in Southern California is that surf bands are a hard draw. I personally am not too enthused about getting bar bookings if the bar is relying on the band to bring in the people. I would prefer bars with a steady clientele who would appreciate a different genre in music once in a while. Real hard core surf fans that go to shows are not that great in numbers. It would take a real special occasion like Linda Miller's birthday party for lots of the surf fans to show up. If OuterWave is going to grow a steady base for bar shows it would have to come more from the mainstream. That is why, private parties, coorporate gigs, car shows, and other events are much better to chase that trying to get bar gigs.

Anyway, we post here to announce the gig and this forum has been helpful in the past. To the ones who want to attend the gig, great - you are mostly welcome. As usual, we will always give our best, we will be there on time, not spend too much delay time between songs so can max out our set and make it a nice experience. Come in for the music and take advantge of the $5 half lb burger, beer and your choice of chips or fries offer.

What I like about the Gas Lamp is that they are excited about Outerwave being there. They are looking to mix us the music this year. Being the number one entertainment club in Long Beach the last two years because they normally have 80's bands. They usually have long lines wraped around the building just waiting for room to enter the place. They know how to promote.

Outerwave is going to introduce surf music to these walls. And also to announce to the crowd there about the Feb 23rd Surf O'Rama honoring Linda Miller.

The Gas Lamp has put some money out to advertise this event four weeks in a row in the Orange County Weekly paper. They are adding the event on their web site. I am impressed that they are doing something proactive when other venues do very little to nothing. I am also impressed with special fans and friends that help out by supporting the bands. You guys are great and very special to me. We are all very busy, but many of you go out of your way to help out. Thank you very much.

JR

((((More Reverb))))

JR,
I got the e-mail,
I will forward the info for this show on Wed. plus the one on the 23rd to the 200 or so e-mail contacts I have.

see ya soon,
Jeff(btd)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bump show reminder for tonight

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'm bummed!
I couldn't make this show last night! Sad
Come on folks. I need a full update. How was the venue? How was the stage? How was the band?
Not to mention, the most important. How cute were the waitresses'?
Fill me in. Don't be shy.
Billy

Be careful following the masses. Sometimes the "M" is silent...........................

Nice to hear from you Billy, first of all, as you know we had hurrican type weather lately and Wednesday night was the worst. The parking lot was flooded. There were maybe 40 to 50 people. Two cute waitresses started and ended with one. Burgers delicious. Stage was great, next time I will mike all my drums instead of just the bass drum. Adrien and Gina, Jim of the Nocturnes, Ted and Jane, Sue and Joe Copeland, Jeff BTD were there. Adrien sat in on Walk Don't Run. While we were putting back our gear to our cars a taxi cab pulled over with two cute chicks in the back seat. They were asking if there was still any action inside. Must be middle shelf hookers looking for some extra cash. Got any gigs coming up where we can listen to some surf and down some cool ones?

Wow! If it keeps raining, I can ride my waverunner to the next venue. It's dumpin' out here in Ventura!
Thanks for the update Tony. Sounds like you still had fun.
We're, (Surf Rockets), are playin' that Bolsa Chica thing in HB for a big marathon on Super Bowl Sunday. Starts at 8:00am. I'm still havin' wet dreams at that time in the morning!
Let's hook up and hoist a few.
Billy

Be careful following the masses. Sometimes the "M" is silent...........................

Page 1 of 1