Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
265 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
258 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
219 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
152 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
152 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
139 days ago

dp: dude
120 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
75 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
59 days ago

GDW: showman
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

84%

84%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink FS: American Special Stratocaster (2017) - Sonic Blue!

Page 1 of 1

A Strat is a Strat, right? Well, not so fast, friend! Every Strat model is a little different, and every Strat in that model is its own guitar, with its own vibe. It’s hard to go wrong with any American-made Strat, but it’s especially hard to go wrong with an American Special like this one!

(PS I used this guitar quite a lot when recording the first Hypersonic Secret EP, so you've got that going for you.)

You’ve got the typical solid alder body, painted a lovely Sonic Blue. The 25.5” scale maple neck has that big, beautiful CBS-era head on it and is capped with a sweet rosewood fretboard. The 22 frets are in good condition, though the frets nearest to the nut show a little wear. The body shows some obvious signs of love, please refer to the photos. The guitar has Dunlop strap buttons on it, and the stock Fender tuners and string trees. The whole package weighs 7.9 pounds.

The stock Texas Special in the bridge position failed, and I replaced all three pickups with a calibrated set from DiMarzio: FS-1 (DP110) in the bridge, and a matching pair of True Velvets (DP175) in the neck and middle positions. I left the master volume and two Greasebucket tone controls in place. The stock pickups are included with this sale if you would like them.

This American Special is set up with 10s and three springs in the vintage (6-screw) bridge with bent-steel saddles and a replacement trem bar. Please keep in mind you’ll want to set this guitar up for your preferences, as I like high action and more neck relief than most people. The rear cover only has two screws in it. The guitar comes with its original Fender-branded gig bag.

No trades considered, thanks for understanding. Cash price for SG101 folks is $800 with free delivery within 60 miles of Richmond, VA. Shipping, if needed, is additional and will cover double boxing, padding and UPS fees.

See a lot more photos in my Reverb listing.

PLEASE visit the listing and look at the photos, as this guitar has some dings and marks on the body and I want anybody interested to be fully informed. https://reverb.com/item/84375699-fender-american-special-stratocaster-2017-sonic-blue

--
Project: MAYHEM by Hypersonic Secret now available!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2024 15:08:56

Page 1 of 1